Dock2Dock Terms & Conditions and Privacy
DOCK2DOCK TERMS & CONDITIONS
GENERAL DOCK2DOCK PRIVACY & LEGALS ( Terms & Conditions)
Please read through all the term and conditions, including your health commitment:
1.1. By submitting your application you are agreeing to register for Dock2Dock and to abide by these conditions of entry.
2. EVENT SAFETY
2.1. At all times during the event you must adhere to all instructions given by event marshals, volunteers and officials
2.2. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the correct equipment that is in a good safe working order and take weather conditions into account when preparing to take part.
2.3. It is your responsibility that you are sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in the events unaided. If you are in any doubt we recommend that you seek medical advice beforehand. Please read our Health Commitment Statement for further advice.
3. DATA PROTECTION
3.1. You agree that your personal information can be stored and used by the Organisers and their partners in connection with the organisation, staging and administration of events.
3.2. You agree that your name, image and contact details can be used by the Organisers and their partners for the purposes of:-
3.3. The promotion and marketing of Dock2Dock events and training;
3.4. Adding you to a mailing list to keep you informed about future events and services which we believe you might be interested in, such as information regarding local clubs, events and how to join Love Sports Events. If you object to such, please see condition 3.5.
3.5. The Organisers shall take all necessary steps to ensure that personal information or marketing information pertaining or relating to you which comes into their possession or control shall not be:
- Used or reproduced in whole or in part in any form except for the purposes outlined in these conditions.
- Disclosed to any person not authorised by you to receive it; or.
- Altered, deleted, added to or otherwise interfered with (except where expressly permitted by these conditions).
3.6. If you would not like the Organisers or their partners to use the marketing information or personal information other than for purposes related solely to your participation in Dock2Dock, please e-mail email@example.com
4.1. The Organisers may cancel the event if circumstances arise beyond our reasonable control. In such circumstances we will endeavour to communicate to you in advance.
4.2. In the event of a cancellation the Organisers will have no responsibility for any costs incurred as a result of cancellation. There will be NO REFUNDS.
4.3. The Event Organiser operates a 7 day cooling off period. Accordingly, the Participant, Parent/Guardian is entitled to cancel his/her application to participate provided the Event Organiser receives written notice of cancellation within 7 days of payment of the Fee.
4.4. During this 7 day period the Participant is able to cancel its entry and receive a full refund of the Fee by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org The notice must be received by the end of the 7 day cooling off period.
5. USE OF IMAGE
5.1. Photographs may be taken which capture your participation. You agree to the publication of photographs and broadcasts of your image which accurately depict your participation in Dock2Dock.
6. MEDICAL CONDITIONS
6.1. If you have not exercised before or for some time, you should consult your doctor before taking part in Dock2Dock. Please read our Health Commitment Statement for further advice.
6.2. You must provide an emergency contact name/emergency contact number on registration.
7.1. In no event shall the Organisers be liable to you, whether for breach of contract, any tortuous act or omission (including negligence) or otherwise, under or in connection with the Agreement for any:-
- Loss or damage;
- Loss of profit;
- Loss of reputation;
- Loss of business, revenue or goodwill;
- Loss of anticipated savings:
- Pledges made on your behalf or by you to charity;
- Consequential or indirect loss, regardless of whether the loss or damage:
- Would arise in the ordinary course of events;
- is reasonably foreseeable; or
- Is in the contemplation of the parties, or otherwise.
7.2. Nothing in this Agreement shall affect the Organisers’ liability for death or personal injury, fraud, or any other liability to the extent it cannot be excluded or limited by law.
7.3. Love Sports Events strongly advises all participants to hold relevant public liability cover whilst taking part in these events.
8.1. The Agreement shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
8.2. If any provision of the Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, the validity of the remainder shall not be affected.
8.3. The Agreement does not create, confer or purport to confer any benefit or right enforceable by any person not party to it.
8.4. Participant must inform email@example.com of changes in personal contact/address details.
8.5. We will be using the NOWCA wristband safety system. No one will be allowed to start without a current NOWCA membership.
8.6. NOWCA members must keep their details up to date. Visit your personal login page at www.nowca.org to change these.
8.7. All entrants must swim with a tow float. No exceptions.
Health Commitment Statement
Your health is your responsibility. Love Sports Events are dedicated to helping you take every opportunity to enjoy your participation in our events. With this in mind, we have carefully considered what we can reasonably expect of each other.
Our commitment to you
- We will respect your personal decisions, and allow you to make your own decisions about what exercise you can carry out. However, we ask you not to exercise beyond what you consider to be your own abilities.
- We will make every reasonable effort to make sure our event is organised to accepted safe operational standards for you to enjoy.
- We will make all reasonable steps to ensure first aid is available at event to an industry standard.
- If you tell us you have a disability which puts you at a substantial disadvantage in accessing our event, we will consider what adjustments, if any, are reasonable for us to make.
Your commitment to us
- You should not exercise beyond your own abilities. If you know or are concerned that you have a medical condition which might interfere with your safe participation in our event, before you enter you should seek advice from a relevant medical professional and follow that advice.
- It is the decision of the user, not the event organiser, to determine whether he or she is fit enough to exercise.
- If the user is in any doubt, the user should seek medical advice. It is up to the user where to seek that medical advice.
- You should let us know immediately, if you feel unwell whilst participating in one of our events.
- Our staff are not qualified Doctors, but there will be first aid provision in attendance at our events.
- If you have a disability, you must follow any reasonable instructions to allow you to complete our event safely.
This Health Commitment Statement sets the standards that Love Sports Events and the event participant can reasonably expect from each other in regards to the health of the participant.
This statement is for guidance only. It is not a legally binding agreement between you and us and does not create any obligation which you or we must meet.
DOCK2DOCK TRAINING Terms and conditions
DOCK2DOCK training is a project managed by London Royal Docks OWS for Love Sports Events and DOCK2DOCK training is delivered by a range of health and fitness providers and facilities.
DOCK2DOCK Participants – Key conditions
- Responsibility for their safety and wellbeing is with the company or person providing the session or facility.
- Sessions delivered and facility providers should be covered by the instructors or providers company indemnity/ liability insurance.
- Instructors should have taken part in a training programme, and also have qualifications to deliver relevant activities. If you are in any doubt on instructor qualifications or insurance you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to check the centre.
- You must ensure you advise the instructor or facility of any specific medical condition. They will be able to advise on if you can take part.
- If you are taking part in any unsupervised activity, this is done at entirely your own risk.
- Any equipment you provide should be in good condition, if wetsuits are used in training we recommend they are check by the instructor prior to use.
- All participants should adhere to the facility/ instructor session rules.
- Any person under the age of 18 should have parental consent to take part in DOCK2DOCK activities. Any person under the age of 18 should check with a provider/facility to ensure they are able to take part.
DOCK2DOCK Training Venue
The DOCK2DOCK training venue are facilities and coaching that have been identified as suitable for open water swim training. These will be at London Royal Docks OWS in Victoria Dock.
- Participants should check closely what is offered at a venue before choosing to use the facilities. Some may be unsupervised, or may offer basic guidance.
- Participants should check pricing and opening hours before travelling to a venue
- All participants use venues at their own risk, DOCK2DOCK/ Love Sports Events cannot be held responsible for any injury or loss caused when using these venues
If you have any questions or concerns regarding a centre/venue or instructor, please advise email@example.com or DOCK2DOCK Training via the contact page.
DOCK2DOCK GENERAL RULES
1. NOWCA SAFETY
1.1. All competitors must wear their NOWCA safety wrist band on their wrist only.
1.2. Times and results are taken from this so competitors must scan in and out where told to during the briefing. Look for scanning stations on or near the water.
1.3. Results will be available on your NOWCA profile page, the Dock2Dock website and emailed to you after the event
2. TOW FLOATS
2.1. All competitors must wear a tow float. We recommend these are purchased on entry to this event if you don’t already have one. Provision to collect this at the event will be made to you.
3. SWIM ETIQUETTE AND WAVE STARTS
3.1. When you receive your wave start time it is up to you to be scanned in the water ready to start.
3.2. Make sure you position yourself in a place in the water so that you do not swim into anyone else.
3.3. If you think you are not able to swim in the front then go to the side or back of the field.
3.4. Drafting behind or to the hip of a fellow a swimmer is perfectly legal although please try not to touch the swimmer you are drafting. It is up to you to find out how to draft.
If you are not sure please join one of the training and coaching sessions that are available to you leading up to race date. Details from firstname.lastname@example.org
Love Sports Events will hold your data for 12 months following the event date. Contact (for non mandatory event communications) with you will be made in accordance with your consent