Drop Dead - Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. Each entrant must have their event ticket to enter an event. An email address is required for all entries. All correspondence will be via email. A separate email address for each participant is preferred but not required. If using the same email address for two or more entries, you will be responsible to pass on the event ticket to the other participant that you booked on behalf of.
2. To register for DeadDrop Events you must be 16 years of age or older on event day. Entrants aged 0 to 15 must be entered by a parent/guardian and must be accompanied at the event by a parent/guardian.
3. Each participant must agree to the disclaimer and these terms and conditions before participating in the event. All participants take part at their own risk and a disclaimer waiving all claims against DeadDrop Events and any party acting on its behalf must be completed by all entrants. Registrants must be capable of completing the full distance, start to finish.
4. By taking part, all participants confirm that they are happy for their names and any footage or photographs taken during their participation in DeadDrop Events to be used to publicise any DeadDrop Event.
5. All entry fees are non-refundable, and can not be deferred towards a future event, nor can an entry be transferred from one event to another. Entries are non-transferable. Registration closure is determined and announced when event participation reaches the established capacity or a pre-set date.
6. There is a DeadDrop Events backdrop where participants can pose for photographs after the event. This will be free of charge and you should bring your own camera/phone for this purpose. If you would like photographs of you on the course, please ask family or friends to take some for you.
7. Participants must follow instructions as given from all event officials including race staff, volunteers, medical personnel, security officers and city officials throughout the duration of the event.
8. All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation in the event.
9. All participants must write their name and details of any health problems or medication on the reverse of the event number, which must be worn on the front of their shirt during the run.
10. All participants must acknowledge and agree that personal information (including medical information entered on their event number or collected by event medical staff during or after the Event) can be stored, used and disclosed by DeadDrop Events in connection with the organisation, promotion and administration of the Event and for the compilation of statistical information.
11. Participants shall assemble for any DeadDrop Event, 30 minutes prior to the run starting to check in. Participants shall then proceed to the start point.
12. Any participant who refuses to obey the directions of the event official, city official or course marshal, or who conducts himself/herself in an unsportsmanlike manner, or who is offensive by action or language to officials, volunteers, participants or spectators may be disqualified by the event and future participation at the discretion of race officials.
13. Participants are responsible for their recognition and understanding of event signage, symbols and colour relating to participant maps, facilities and direction.
14. Medical personnel authorised by the event to do so may examine any participant who appears in distress. If in the sole opinion of authorised medical personnel it is in the best interest of the participant’s health and welfare, medical personnel can remove the participant from the event.
15. Participants must retire at once from race if ordered to do so by a member of the event’s official staff, official medical staff, or any governmental authority, including fire and police officers.
16. Participants are responsible and assume liability for any and all medical expenses incurred as a result of training for and/or participation in the event, including but not limited to ambulance transport, hospital stays, physician and pharmaceutical goods and services.
17. Event officials reserve the right to delay, cancel, alter the route or suspend the race due to inclement weather in accordance with Emergency Protocol on severe emergencies and/or inclement weather. No refund will be issued in these circumstances.
18. Event officials reserve the right, to modify, supplement or waive all or part of the event rules.
19. Participants shall be bound by any modification or supplement of the event rules published prior to the event.
20. Failure to follow these event rules, as can be amended, will result in immediate disqualification, loss of prizes and removal from official results.