Got the Ballot Blues? Check out our London Marathon Alternatives here
Chase the Sun Battersea Park 5k & 10k
Join us for the first Chase the Sun Battersea Park of 2021!
Battersea Park is one of London’s most picturesque parks and has been a favourite course for those wanting to run a PB! The course is totally flat, offering the perfect opportunity to push yourself to a personal best. Starting and finishing at the Bandstand, this course laps the Park, making it easy to follow and great for any spectators to catch you flying round the course.
**Due to the Coronavirus and social distancing measures enforced by the Government alongside guidance issued by Run Britain we have had to make some changes to the event village and race itself. Click the link below to read details of the changes that will be in place and how it will affect the event village and race.**
- All marshals and staff within the event and around the course will be issued with PPE and wear gloves and a mask for the duration of the event.
- As many race packs will be posted out ahead of the event as possible and event communications will be sent via email in the lead up.
- There will not be a formal baggage drop within the event village, please limit the number of belongings you bring to the event and leave anything in the car during the race to reduce contact between runners and staff. If this is not possible, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There will be multiple hygiene stations around the event with hand sanitiser for all runners.
- You will see clear signage around the event village, please follow all signage and instructions from the marshals before, during and after the race.
- There will be a manned, and clearly marked, medical hub within the event village.
DURING THE RACE
- The race will start in waves based on your estimated finish time, with the faster runners at the start and slower near the back to avoid any congestion and the need to overtake on course.
- There will be an informal grab and go water station with sealed sports top bottles on the course, however we ask that you stay hydrated before the event and if you are able to please bring your own. Bottles and camelbacks are permitted.
- If you need to overtake on the course please give a wide berth of at least 1 meter around any runners.
- Spitting and nasal clearance during the race is not permitted.
AFTER THE RACE
- Do not stop within the finish barriers. Please continue past the finish until you pass the medals and are in an open space.
- We ask that once you have collected your medal and water to leave the event village as soon as possible to avoid groups congregating within the event village.
Battersea Park, London SW11 4NJ
If driving, use postcode SW11 4NJ for yuur Satnav.
There is a paid car park open to the public.
For details on how to get to the Park by public transport visit tfl.com.
The Park is easily accessible by both foot and cycle. Cycle parking is available in the Park.
The event village is located next to the Bandstand
Results will be available on www.runthrough.co.uk after the race.
We will have a photographer taking a few snaps of the race and they will be on our Facebook page after the race so be sure to check it out and see if you can spot yourself.
Things to note!
There WILL be pedestrians on the paths. We recommend you do not use earphones and you need to pay close attention to everything around you. Please be aware of people, cyclists and dogs.
7pm – 10k
7.30pm – 5k
Each kilometre is accurately marked out with sign posts and we have plenty of helpers to keep you on track and to encourage you on your way to the finish.
The course is two laps for the 5k and 4 laps for the 10k on the roads/paths in the Park.
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.