RunThrough Chase The Sun Battersea Park 5k & 10k
JOIN US FOR THE CHASE THE SUN BATTERSEA PARK 5K & 10K ON WEDNESDAY 30TH SEPTEMBER 2020!
**Due to the Coronavirus and social distancing measures enforced by the government alongside guidance issued by Run Britain we have had to make some changes to the event village and race itself. Click the link below to read details of the changes that will be in place and how it will affect the event village and race.
Battersea Park is one of London’s most picturesque parks and has been a favourite course for those wanting to run a PB! The course is totally flat, offering the perfect opportunity to push yourself to a personal best. Starting and finishing at the Parks Bandstand this course laps the park making it easy to follow and great for any spectators to catch you flying round the course.
7pm – 10k
7.30pm – 5k
CHIP TIMING USED FOR AN ACCURATE START TO FINISH TIME!
- All marshals and staff within the event and around the course will be issued with PPE and wear gloves and a mask for the duration of the event.
- As many race packs will be posted out ahead of the event as possible and event communications will be sent via email in the lead up.
- There will not be a formal baggage drop within the event village, please limit the number of belongings you bring to the event and leave anything in the car during the race to reduce contact between runners and staff. If this is not possible, please email email@example.com.
- There will be multiple hygiene stations around the event with hand sanitiser for all runners.
- You will see clear signage around the event village, please follow all signage and instructions from the marshals before, during and after the race.
- There will be a manned, and clearly marked, medical hub within the event village.
DURING THE RACE
- The race will start in waves based on your estimated finish time, with the faster runners at the start and slower near the back to avoid any congestion and the need to overtake on course.
- There will be an informal grab and go water station with sealed sports top bottles on the course, however we ask that you stay hydrated before the event and if you are able to please bring your own. Bottles and camelbacks are permitted.
- If you need to overtake on the course please give a wide berth of at least 1 meter around any runners.
- Spitting and nasal clearance during the race is not permitted.
AFTER THE RACE
- Do not stop within the finish barriers. Please continue past the finish until you pass the medals and are in an open space.
- We ask that once you have collected your medal and water to leave the event village as soon as possible to avoid groups congregating within the event village.
Secure Bag Drop
Fruit and flapjack
Battersea Park, London SW11 4NJ
There will be marshals all around the course as well as km signs and arrows. The course is two laps for the 5k and 4 laps for the 10k on the roads/paths in the park. Please be aware that there will be spectators and members of the public using the park.
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.