London Aquathlon Sprint
--- This event has been cancelled due to ongoing concerns regarding Coronavirus. The race organiser will be in touch with you in due course if you have made a booking for this event. ---
The event takes place in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, a phenomenal London location ideal for a fast time. The event is for every ability level from beginners to the more experienced. Participants will swim in the London Aquatics Centre, and run around the Park.
Sprint Aquathlon 400m swim, 5km run£35 CLOSED
London Aquatics Centre, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London. E20 2ZQ
Parking: Limited on-site parking will available. Please visit the Aquatics Centre website for further information.
A super-sprint consisting of a 400m swim (just 8 lengths of the Olympic pool) followed by a fast 5K run course around the iconic sights of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
Bag Drop: Lockers are available in the changing area and require a returnable £1 coin.
Toilets: There are free toilets in the changing area and on the 5K race route at the Last Drop Bar & Kitchen.
Race Marshals: Marshals will be present on the 5K course throughout the race.
Distance Markers: The 5K route will be clearly indicated with arrows, tape and Km markers where necessary.
Water Stations: There will be a water station on the 5K route at the finish, passed on each lap, at which water will be provided in recyclable plastic cups.
Goody Bag: All runners will receive a goody bag on finishing the race.
Refreshments: Refreshments will be available in the Aquatics Centre café and the Last Drop Bar & Kitchen throughout the event.
Changing/Showers: Changing rooms and showers are available in the Aquatics Centre.
Medals: All finishers will receive a medal on completing the race.
Participants will need to register no later than 30 minutes prior to their wave start time: 9:00 (Wave 1), 10:00 (Wave 2).
Your actual start time of either 9.00am or 10.00am, and arrival time will be given in your final details email sent closer to the event.
Race Packs: For collection at registration on the day only, nothing will be posted. Race packs will contain;
- A wristband to facilitate access to the changing area and pool.
- An ankle strap/timing chip and swimming cap displaying your race number, to be worn throughout the swim.
- Number transfers for application to your upper arm.
- A race number and timing chip, to be worn throughout the run.
- British Triathlon Event Day Membership (if unaffiliated).
Preparation: Pre-race preparation:
- Dress for your swim, to include your swim cap, ankle chip and arm transfers.
- Attach your race number to the top in which you will be running using the safety pins provided, it should be visible at all times during your run.
- Take your running kit to poolside for your pre-race briefing, 15 minutes prior to your wave start time.
- Wave 1 starts promptly at 9:00, Wave 2 at 10:00.
Competitors will be released individually in 15 second intervals.
- Participants will wait poolside in the order of release into the pool.
- One at a time, you will be invited to move into the first lane 30 seconds before your start.
- 30 seconds before you start, as the competitor before you begins, you will be asked to move into lane 2 where your swim will begin.
- Each length is 50 metres. To ensure you accurately complete 400m and finish at the exit steps of the pool to the transition area, you are required to swim as follows:
Swim 2 lengths, out and back, in lane 2 and move under the barrier into lane 3 as your turn into your third length
Swim 2 lengths, out and back, in lane 3 and move under the barrier into lane 4 as your turn into your fifth length
Swim 2 lengths, out and back, in lane 4 and move under the barrier into lane 5 as your turn into your seventh length
Swim 2 lengths, out and back, in lane 5 and exit the pool via the steps, turning left into the transition area.
- Running in the transition area is prohibited. Leave any swim kit in your transition area to collect after your run. Once you are ready, follow the directions of marshals from the pool to the course via a fire-exit corridor.
The 5K course consists of 3-laps, all on tarmac or hard gravel pathway, and is suitable for runners of all abilities. Please always be vigilant of other runners, spectators, dogs, cyclists and other users of public footpaths and rights of way.
Entry on the Day: Subject to a £3 surcharge (cash only, subject to availability).
Age Requirements: Participants must be aged 15 or over on the day of the race.
Spectators: Spectators should be able to watch the swim from the Aquatics Centre viewing gallery, subject to approval from the venue management. Spectators can watch the 5K from anywhere on the course and will see runners pass three times.
Licensing: This race will be licensed with the British Triathlon Federation and the results submitted within a week of the race.
Pacers: Pacers will not be offered at this race.
Results: Results will be uploaded live to our website (internet connection permitting) and, where possible/practical, timing print-outs will be available at the race. In all cases, results will be communicated to all pre-registered participants within 24 hours of the event.
Buggies/Pushchairs: This event is not suitable for runners with buggies/pushchairs.
Wheelchair Users: This race may be suitable for wheelchair users, please contact us to discuss any requirements prior to entering this event.
Earphones/Headphones: Any items which are can be inserted into or cover the ears, including (but not limited to) earphones, headphones, headsets or technical earplugs, are strictly prohibited. We reserve the right to disqualify participants who are found to be using any such equipment or accessories.
Event Time-Limit: Whilst there is no strict time-limit for this race, in order that we adhere to the restrictions imposed by the venue hire agreement, it may be necessary for us to begin deconstruction of the registration/finish area(s) approximately 1 hour after the last participant has left the pool to facilitate the removal of all equipment from the premises by the agreed time.
T-shirts are available for purchase during the order process and, subject to availability, at the race for £10 (cash only). Please note that pre-purchased T-shirts must be collected at one of the races listed in the product description and will not be available for collection at any other events.
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.