Maverick Adidas Terrex Frontier North Downs
For the second event of our new Frontier Series of events, we head to the Surrey Hills and the North Downs. Whilst the routes are aimed at all levels of runner the emphasis is on taking you Mavericks to your first / fastest / funnest 50km.
Each of the four routes - 54k, 46k, 22k, 12k - showcases this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and challenge can, and will, be found for all levels of trail runners. Whether you're a seasoned trail runner or it's your first time venturing off-road, with the right training and support, you’ll step up to the challenge and have an epic adventure.
The new routes will take you on a journey through a unique and beautiful world of heath and forest, with names and charm comparable to tales of Tolkein! You’ll pass Ewhurst Windmill and through the Winterfold and Blackheath Forest. You’ll run along the local Fox Way before the long route sends you up and over the 250m climb of Pitch Hill, where you will be rewarded with views over Hurtwood. You'll then head out on the epic snaking trails of the North downs way that take you back toward the stunning Leith Hill and then onto the trails around Polesden Lacey.
We look forward to welcoming you back or welcoming you for the first time to the Surrey Hills. You won’t want to miss out on this one.
Prizes for the winners of each distance, male and female.
Fully Marked Course
On-course hydration and nutrition outpost
Food and Drink Available
Bag Drop Area
New Road, Chilworth, Guildford, Surrey GU4 8NB
The A3 links Guildford directly to Portsmouth, London and the M25 (Junction 10), making it easily accessible. The M3 and A31 are also only a stone's throw away linking Guildford to the rest of the UK. Chilworth is about 4miles South of Guildford. Use postcode GU4 8NB for your Satnav.
Trains from London Charing Cross via Redhill run to Chilworth train station every two hours. Guildford benefits from two train stations. Frequent train services operate from Guildford Station to London Waterloo, with an average journey time of 35 minutes. Direct trains also run to a from other major hubs including Reading and Portsmouth.
Regular buses connect Guildford to the surrounding villages and further afield, including Chilworth.
Free Parking will be available. Look out for our parking signs when you arrive at the venue.
Gates open: 8:00am
Ultra: 09:00 - 09:30
Long: 09:35 - 10:05
Middle/Short: 10:10 - 10:40
We have 4 routes for you to choose from - undulating, woodland and winding trails, some technical descents. Please select carefully, the Frontier Series is not for the faint-hearted. You can expect up to 4 on-course hydration and nutrition outposts provided by Precision Hydration.
There will be cut off times, tbc. These are in place for your safety and apply to the 50km Ultra route only. If you do not get to these points in time you will have to be collected as we don’t believe you will finish the route in time. Your safety is our priority.
Distance: 54 km; Elevation Gain: +1067 m
Distance: 46 km; Elevation Gain: +885 m
Distance: 24 km; Elevation Gain: +333 m
Distance: 12 km; Elevation Gain: +174 m
You should always:
• Follow the on course signage
• Listen to on course marshals
• Take care when crossing roads
• Be considerate to others
• Please close all gates, DO NOT litter!
In our quest to make this season plastic-free, we ask that you run with a reusable cup or bottle.
These items are mandatory for this race
• Trail shoes
• Taped waterproof jacket
• Mobile phone (in case of emergency)
• Your preferred food and hydration to last you the race - there will be outpost on course
• Foil blanket
• Map (supplied)
• Hat/buff and gloves
• Additional base layers
• A re-usable cup (we’d like to ensure our are races plastic free!)
If you are taking part in one of our events, you must adhere to the following. This is to minimise the risk to yourself, others and our crew.
1. Do not attend the event if you feel unwell or have had COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14days.
2. Always keep a minimum of 2m away from another person, whilst racing and in the event village
3. Wear your face mask when within the event village
4. Use the hand sanitiser provided before touching any of the outpost items
5. Be extra mindful of other trail users who are not part of the event
6. Allow adequate distance when passing competitors / other trail users – wait if there is not enough room to pass at a safe distance
7. Use the hand sanitiser provided straight after finishing your run Thank you for your co-operation, it is greatly appreciated!
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.