This event has taken place
Congratulations to everyone who took part. We're waiting on information about the next edition of this event.
Did you race? Let the community know how you got on and leave a review.Add a review
Want to see all previous and future editions of this event, find them below.
Kempton Park Marathon
Sunbury on Thames, MiddlesexTW16 5AH, Sunbury on Thames, United Kingdom
Sun 29th May 2022
Starting at 09:25
Arrive wearing a mask and keep this on until you get to the start line where you can dispose of your mask in bins provided. You do not have to wear this during the run.
Please wherever possible, do not bring any baggage to the event. This is to protect both yourself and our staff.
Please respect social distancing before, during and after the completion of your run.
Immediately upon finishing we request that you make your way to the Gardens exit where in Brentford Car Park you will find water, goody bags and medals. It is of critical importance that the area around the finish line is kept clear to ensure everyone’s safety.
We know you may want to congratulate other runners on a great run, but please refrain from doing so in a physical way!
Please remember to carry out a COVID-19 self assessment accessible at: https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19.
The main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
- A high temperature - this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- A new, continuous cough - this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste - this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Importantly do not travel to the event if you have been contacted by Track and Trace, are experiencing any of the above symptoms or are awaiting the results of a test.
For more information please visit this NHS corona virus website. Click here
After a successful test event last year, the Kempton Park Marathon is back on Sunday the 29th of May with an improved course. This flat course starts and finishes outside the large main stand and we have reduced the laps to only 4 laps!
All of the races across the two days start and finish outside the racecourse grandstands so the music and atmosphere will be electric as your round the Clubhouse turn and head into the Home Stretch! With our famous cheer points on the Back Stretch and our DJ at the start and finish, you'll struggle not to feel the adrenaline rush as you make your way around the course.
Run under licence from UK Athletics, the events results will be recorded and eligible for inclusion in Power of 10 Athletes rankings. As well as a commemorative medal, all finishers will be able to download a personalised certificate recording their time and position.
Kempton Park offers masses of car parking and boasts its own rail station, with trains every hour on the Sunday service, to London Waterloo and Shepperton.
Individual Marathon Entry
UK Athletics (UKA) save £2.00CLOSED
Individual Marathon Entry
UK Athletics (UKA) save £2.00CLOSED
- DJ Grandstand Finish
- Goody Bag
- Measured Course London Marathon GFA Qualification
- First aid
- Sweep marshall
How to Get There
Kempton Park is located on the A308 between Sunbury on Thames and Hampton Court, less than one mile from Junction 1 of the M3 via Junction 12 of the M25. If you are planning to drive to the event, please choose the entry option with a free car park permit.
Kempton Park Station is 200 yards from the North entrance of the racecourse. Trains run every half an hour direct from London Waterloo with a 40-minute journey time, the service runs once an hour on Sundays.
There will be a bike park area at the venue for you to safely leave your bike while you take part in the event.
Terrain: Multi-terrain but 99% concrete path.
Course is only 4 laps!
Course will be measured and ran under 'Run Britain' Rules. It will deemed eligible for London Marathon's 'Good for age' qualification purposes.
Please expect to run on flat path, road, gravel during the 26.2 miles. The course is flat as a pancake and will be looped.
I want to run with my friend who lives with me, how can we make sure we start at the same time?
- Start waves will be carefully allocated based on predicted time. While we cannot guarantee two runners will be in the same start wave, entering the same race and giving the same predicted time will increase your chances.
What is the course like?
- The course is a fast, flat route with a few turns on hard-packed paths.
Will there be somewhere to leave bags on the day?
- Yes, you will be able to leave small bags in our baggage area on Event Day, however this is likely to be very busy so we would encourage you to leave items with one of your supporters if possible. You will need your phone to access the event, so please plan to run with it if possible.
What happens if I do not receive my race pack prior to the event?
- If you do not receive your race pack before the event, you will be able to collect a replacement pack from one of our Info Points on Event Day. We’ll email all runners further details on this in the week before the event.
Will there be results?
- Yes, there will be results published within 12 hours of the completion of the event
18 on day of race
Race packs will be collected from a location (TBC) near the start line before the race. Full details on this will be sent via email closer to the race.
All pre and post race contact between the event and our runners is made via Mailchimp email. If you've unsubscribed, or not opened an email from us in a while, it's likely Mailchimp have listed you as 'cleaned', which prevents us emailing you race information until you re-subscribe.
To re-subscribe use this link: http://eepurl.com/cBtDyL. We will only send relevant information on our event and partners.
You might like
Done this event?
First-hand event reviews from people who have been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.Add a review