The Charing 10k
Join us in 2021 for the Charing 10k, which returns for an 11th time. This Friday evening race through the pretty Kent village of Charing is run along quiet country lanes with a stretch along the Pilgrims Way. Unfortunately, there will be no barbecue or family activities this year but these should be back with us in 2022.
So, why not shake off those lockdown blues and join us for some live Summer evening's racing? The race is suitable for experienced runners and beginners alike. The event also features a Children's race.
Please note the following changes for the event and please read the codes of conduct below.
1. The first change you will notice is the start time. Rather than a single start time for all runners, we are operating a pre-booking system with start times available in 3-minute slots. People will be allocated a place on the start line according to their anticipated finish time, with the fastest runner lining up on the front of the start line.
2. Please arrive ready to run. There are no changing facilities and no facilities for left baggage – this is in line with UKA Guidelines.
3. A sterile area will be in force around the start line with strictly no access to anybody other than participants and race officials. Once you enter this area you will not be able to leave until your race begins. NO SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED WITHIN THIS STERILE AREA.
4. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, water, in sealed bottles, will be available at the finish and you will be required to collect it yourself from an unmanned water table – hand sanitiser and gloves will be available for you to use. There will not be a water station on the course. Please dispose of the bottles and other litter in the bins provided.
5. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, no results, race prizes or awards will be available on the day. Results will be uploaded immediately to our website and emailed to participants. Race and age group winners will receive a trophy in the post after the event. Medals will be available to be collected at the event.
6. There will be toilet facilities at the start / finish area and these will be sanitised regularly. Please play your part by washing your hands thoroughly and using hand sanitiser before and after use.
7. Hand sanitiser will be available – please use it regularly.
8. You must maintain social distancing at all times – before, during and after the race. When overtaking another runner please be mindful of the space available.
9. Spectators are not encouraged to attend – but if they must do so, they should not congregate around the race start or finish areas.
10. Once you finish your race please continue to walk through the finish funnel and return direct to your vehicle – do not wait for friends or family.
11. Please read the Participants and Spectators Code of Conduct - Please observe the ‘Rule of 6’ and do not gather in large groups to discuss the race or take team photos.
Medal for all finishers
Prizes for winners and age category winners
Accurately measured course with a certificate of course accuracy
Plus, of course, the support of our friendly, supportive Nice Work team to cheer you round the course.
UK Athletics licenced event
Charing School, School Road, Charing, Kent TN27 0JN
The venue is accessed from the A20. Leave the M20 from J8 or J9 to access the A20.
On site car parking is available at the school and also at the village car park, which is around half a mile away from Charing School - this will be well signposted.
Charing Train Station is around half a mile away from the school. There are also local bus services available.
This single lap looped course is run along quiet country lanes with a stretch along the Pilgrims Way. Flat or slightly undulating for most of its route, there is a tough hill at 4/5k that will prove a test for most, but don't be put off as most of the last portion of the race is flat or downhill.
On Site Parking
Baggage Drop Off
St John Ambulance or an alternative medical provider will be in attendance
The course will be marshalled to provide assistance.
There will also be a sweep marshal following the race to ensure that nobody is left behind and that all runners are accounted for
Your individual time and position will be recorded by your electronic chip. Results should be available on our website www.nice-work.org.uk as soon as you cross the finish line. Provisional results will be published as soon as possible after the race has finished and final results will be published as soon as is practical on the day after the race.
All entrants that have supplied a valid and legible email address will receive a copy of the results by email as soon as possible on the first working day after the race.
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.