The Oundle 20 Mile Road Race
Join us in the historic market town of Oundle, for the return of the Oundle 20 Mile Road Race in 2021.
The race is ideal for those training for Spring marathons and follows a scenic course around the gently undulating wide, quiet country lanes in and around the pretty Northamptonshire villages of Fotheringay, Nassington, Yarwell and King’s Cliffe - most definitely PB potential!
20 mile Minimum age: 17 yrs on 22/08/2021£34.90 BOOK
Please note the following changes for the event and please read the codes of conduct below.
1. The first change you will notice is the start time. Rather than a single start time for all runners, we are operating a pre-booking system with start times available in 3-minute slots. People will be allocated a place on the start line according to their anticipated finish time, with the fastest runner lining up on the front of the start line.
2. Please arrive ready to run. There are no changing facilities and no facilities for left baggage – this is in line with UKA Guidelines.
3. A sterile area will be in force around the start line with strictly no access to anybody other than participants and race officials. Once you enter this area you will not be able to leave until your race begins. NO SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED WITHIN THIS STERILE AREA.
4. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, water, in sealed bottles, will be available at the finish and you will be required to collect it yourself from an unmanned water table – hand sanitiser and gloves will be available for you to use. There will not be a water station on the course. Please dispose of the bottles and other litter in the bins provided.
5. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, no results, race prizes or awards will be available on the day. Results will be uploaded immediately to our website and emailed to participants. Race and age group winners will receive a trophy in the post after the event. Medals will be available to be collected at the event.
6. There will be toilet facilities at the start / finish area and these will be sanitised regularly. Please play your part by washing your hands thoroughly and using hand sanitiser before and after use.
7. Hand sanitiser will be available – please use it regularly.
8. You must maintain social distancing at all times – before, during and after the race. When overtaking another runner please be mindful of the space available.
9. Spectators are not encouraged to attend – but if they must do so, they should not congregate around the race start or finish areas.
10. Once you finish your race please continue to walk through the finish funnel and return direct to your vehicle – do not wait for friends or family.
11. Please read the Participants and Spectators Code of Conduct - Please observe the ‘Rule of 6’ and do not gather in large groups to discuss the race or take team photos.
Long sleeve technical shirt to all finishers
A generous prize giving for leading runners and age group winners.
Multiple well stocked aid stations along the route.
Oundle Primary School, Cotterstock Lane, Oundle, Northamptonshire, PE8 5HA
Race Headquarters will be at Oundle Primary School, where there will be toilet, changing and shower facilities plus refreshments. Oundle is a historic market town, situated around 12 miles from Peterborough, the race will be most easily accessed by car.
For those that wish to arrive by public transport the closest railway station is Corby which is 9 miles away. However, you will need to get a taxi or cycle to the event as it is several miles to the race start
The 20 mile race is a single lap, on gently undulating roads around the pretty Northamptonshire villages of Fotheringay, Nassington, Yarwell and King's Cliffe.
Baggage Drop Off
St John Ambulance or an alternative medical provider will be in attendance
The course will be marshalled to provide assistance.
There will also be a sweep marshal following the race to ensure that nobody is left behind and that all runners are accounted for
Your individual time and position will be recorded by your electronic chip. We will endeavour to display results as they come into the race centre. Presentations will take place approximately 60 minutes after the first finisher.
Results will be uploaded to www.nice-work.org.uk as soon as possible after the race. All entrants that have supplied a valid and legible email address will receive a copy of the results as soon as possible after the race.
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.