This event has taken place
Congratulations to everyone who took part. We're waiting on information about the next edition of this event.
Did you race? Let the community know how you got on and leave a review.Add a review
The Romney Marsh 10K
New Romney, KentSt Martin's Field, Fairfield Road, New Romney, Kent
Sun 25th July 2021
Starting at 08:00
£3.83 - £22.15
Please note the following changes for the event and please read the codes of conduct below.
We have successfully developed a number of new procedures which are designed to ensure our races will be Covid-secure and ensure the safety of our runners, staff and the general public.
1. The first change you will notice is the start time. Rather than a single start time for all runners, we are operating a pre-booking system with start times available in 5-minute slots, beginning at 8.00am and remaining available until the final slot at 10.00am. A maximum of twelve people will be able to begin the race in each slot – and each of those people will be allocated a place on the start line according to their anticipated finish time, with the fastest runner lining up on the front of the start line.
2. One of our marshals will check your temperature, with a temperature gun, for signs of fever. If you have a raised temperature, we will ask you not to take part but to go home. Please note that a raised temperature doesn’t mean you definitely have Covid-19, but you could have.
3. Please arrive ready to run. There are no changing facilities and no facilities for left baggage – this is in line with UKA Guidelines. Please leave baggage in your cars.
4. A sterile area will be in force around the start line with strictly no access to anybody other than participants and race officials. Once you enter this area you will not be able to leave until your race begins. NO SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED WITHIN THIS STERILE AREA.
5. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, water, in sealed bottles, will be available at the finish and you will be required to collect it yourself from an unmanned water table – hand sanitiser and gloves will be available for you to use. There will be no water stations on the course. We would advise you to carry your own water as the weather could be particularly warm.
6. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, medals will not be awarded at the event from an unmanned self-service table. No results, race prizes or awards will be available on the day. Results will be uploaded immediately to our website and emailed to participants on Monday 26th July. Race and age group winners will receive a memento in the post after the event.
7. There will be toilet facilities at the start / finish area which will be sanitised regularly. Please play your part by sanitising after use.
8. Hand sanitiser will be available – please use it regularly.
9. You must maintain social distancing at all times – before, during and after the race. When overtaking another runner please be mindful of the space available. Please be aware that there will be members of the public using the roads and pathways and to be mindful of social distancing measures.
10. Spectators are not encouraged to attend – but if they must do so, they should not congregate around the race start or finish areas. Please share the Spectators Code of Conduct with them.
11. Once you finish your race please continue to walk through the finish funnel and return direct to your vehicle – do not wait for friends or family.
12. Please read the Participants and Spectators Code of Conduct. Please observe the ‘Rule of 6’ and do not gather in large groups to discuss the race or take team photos.
13. The Race Director will not be conducting the usual race briefing at the start of the race, instead this will be sent in your final confirmation email on the Friday prior to the race.
The course uses the flat tarmac country lanes around the pretty Kent town of New Romney and is pancake flat, perfect for those looking to establish PBs, but it is suitable for runners of all abilities, from seasoned athletes to beginners, with those new to running made particularly welcome. Also Children's race.
The race is held under UK Athletic Rules and also carries a certificate of course accuracy.
10 Km£22.15 CLOSED
Children's Race£3.83 CLOSED
10 Km£22.15 CLOSED
Children's Race£3.83 CLOSED
Do it for charity
The race carries a £50 cash prize for the first man and first lady
Awards and prizes for leading runners
All finishers will receive a medal
St John Ambulance or an alternative medical provider will be in attendance on the day
The course will be marshalled
There will be a sweep marshal following the race to ensure that nobody is left behind and that all runners are accounted for.
Location & How To Get There
St Martin's Field, Fairfield Road, New Romney, Kent
Car parking is available from 8.30am at Marsh Academy, Station Road, New Romney, Kent, TN28 8BB. The race HQ is a five-minute walk from Marsh Academy.
An accurately measured course run along the tarmac lanes surrounding New Romney. The course is pancake flat. An ideal course for those seeking to run a PB or for a first 10k.
No road closures are in place for the duration of the race and participants must be aware of the possibility of traffic being on the route – and exercise care and caution at all times. The use of headphones will not be allowed as the race takes place on open roads, anyone seen wearing headphones may be disqualified.
Your individual time and position will be recorded by your electronic chip. We will endeavour to display results as they come into the race centre. Results will be uploaded to www.nice-work.org.uk as soon as possible after the race. All entrants that have supplied a valid and legible email address will receive a copy of the results as soon as possible after the race.
Entering The Event
If you have entered the race in good time, your race number will be sent to you in the post.
If you have entered the race close to the race date, you will need to collect your race number on the morning of the event. If you proceed to the registration table, a race official will write down your name and advise you of your race number – and you will be asked to sanitise your hands and, if you wish, put on gloves, before collecting your number from a storage box on the desk. Please remember to social distance from the race official and anybody else who is collecting a number. A race official will manage any queues to ensure everybody remains socially distanced.
Please note that you will not be able to enter on the day due to the new guidelines. Entries are available online until midnight before the event.
If you are showing any symptoms of Covid-19 as outlined by the NHS or have been unwell in the last 14 days please do not travel to the event and email us and we can let you know deferral options available.
Race numbers must be worn on the front of your shirt and not on your legs or back. If you do so you may not receive an accurate time. Make sure you do not damage the chip. Please make sure you complete the medical information on the reverse of your number. Remember race numbers are non-transferable. This is particularly imperative at this time as it is now more important than ever that we know who is taking part in the event.
Start line opens – 8.00 am
Start line closes – 10.00am
Done this event?
First-hand event reviews from people who have been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.Add a review