The Rye 10 & 5 Mile
This popular race returns in 2021 to its usual time of year, and this year we celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the race, which is organised in conjunction with the Peasmarsh Memorial Hall Committee to help raise funds for the Village Hall.
It will still be the same challenging, scenic course, on the quiet country lanes surrounding the pretty village of Peasmarsh, just outside of Rye in East Sussex. And if the 10 miles doesn’t quite suit, then why not try the 5 mile race option! This accurately measured course could be the ideal race for all those itching to get back to live racing, or a first taste of a live race for all those who are new to running!
The race will have Covid-safety measures which include staggered starts and restricted entry limits to keep all our runners, volunteers, race team and the general public safe.
Please note the following changes for the event and please read the codes of conduct below.
1. The first change you will notice is the start time. Rather than a single start time for all runners, we are operating a pre-booking system with start times available in 3-minute slots. People will be allocated a place on the start line according to their anticipated finish time, with the fastest runner lining up on the front of the start line.
2. Please arrive ready to run. There are no changing facilities and no facilities for left baggage – this is in line with UKA Guidelines.
3. A sterile area will be in force around the start line with strictly no access to anybody other than participants and race officials. Once you enter this area you will not be able to leave until your race begins. NO SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED WITHIN THIS STERILE AREA.
4. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, water, in sealed bottles, will be available at the finish and you will be required to collect it yourself from an unmanned water table – hand sanitiser and gloves will be available for you to use. There will not be a water station on the course. Please dispose of the bottles and other litter in the bins provided.
5. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, no results, race prizes or awards will be available on the day. Results will be uploaded immediately to our website and emailed to participants. Race and age group winners will receive a trophy in the post after the event. Medals will be available to be collected at the event.
6. There will be toilet facilities at the start / finish area and these will be sanitised regularly. Please play your part by washing your hands thoroughly and using hand sanitiser before and after use.
7. Hand sanitiser will be available – please use it regularly.
8. You must maintain social distancing at all times – before, during and after the race. When overtaking another runner please be mindful of the space available.
9. Spectators are not encouraged to attend – but if they must do so, they should not congregate around the race start or finish areas.
10. Once you finish your race please continue to walk through the finish funnel and return direct to your vehicle – do not wait for friends or family.
11. Please read the Participants and Spectators Code of Conduct - Please observe the ‘Rule of 6’ and do not gather in large groups to discuss the race or take team photos.
Plenty of free on-site parking
Prizes and trophies for male and female winners and age category winners.
St John Ambulance or an alternative medical provider will be in attendance on the day
The course will be marshalled
There will be a sweep marshal following the race to ensure that nobody is left behind and that all runners are accounted for.
Race Start: Jempsons Supermarket, Main Street, Peasmarsh, Nr Rye, East Sussex TN31 6YD
The start and finish is at Jempson's Supermarket, which is in the village of Peasmarsh, approximately 4 miles outside of Rye. There will be ample on site parking for those wishing to drive to the event.
The nearest train station is Rye (Sussex), which is served by Southern Trains from Ashford International, Brighton and Hastings. You will need to cycle or take a taxi from the station to the race start as there is no bus service operating to Peasmarsh on Sundays. We would recommend pre-booking a taxi service as they are not always readily available outside the station.
This challenging 10 mile race follows the scenic country lanes around Peasmarsh and Rye. Starting and finishing at Jempson's Supermarket, the race goes out for around 3.5 miles before commencing a 3 mile loop that brings you back to the same point to return the final 3.5 miles to the finish. The course is undulating, with a few challenging hills, but is an accurately measured road race.
Your individual time and position will be recorded by your electronic chip. We will endeavour to display results as they come into the race centre. Presentations will take place approximately 45 minutes after the first finisher.
Results will be uploaded to www.nice-work.org.uk as soon as possible after the race. All entrants that have supplied a valid and legible email address will receive a copy of the results as soon as possible after the race.
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.