Warrior Assault - Lilleshall
Tthe ultimate family obstacle course race is set to hit Shropshire. With courses for adults and for kids, Warrior Assault is the ultimate outdoor obstacle race (OCR) for the whole family, and has already proven to attract adrenaline junkies from as far as Europe. Whether you’re a seasoned mud run veteran, or new to the experience, this is an obstacle course race that will wet everyone’s appetite.
This is the newest location for Warrior Assault. The event will be held in partnership with Lilleshall National Sports Centre, which means you’ll be racing within the 330 acres of Grade II listed gardens, and around the previous home of the Duke and Duchess of Sutherland. Following in its predecessors’ footsteps, there will be a family-friendly event village with bar, music and stalls, to make sure you have a day out to remember.
Special finisher medal
Free race photos
Electronic race timing
Event Village with full amenities
DJ, live music and bar
Prizes for the competitive waves
Changing/shower facilities on site
Tonnes of muddy fun!
Lilleshall National Sports Centre, Near Newport, Shropshire TF10 9AT
Car parking will be available on site, the cost of which will be £5 per car
We have obstacle courses to suit everyone, from seasoned adrenaline junkies to first time mud runners.
Adults 16+ years: 10km & 5km options – how far do you want to go?
Teens 12-15 years old: Separate wave of the fun-filled adult course
Family wave: For families to complete the challenge together Kids 4-11 years:
Our fantastic 1km Junior Warriors course.
We want everyone to enjoy the day, so if you really can’t complete one of the obstacles then you can bypass it and move onto the next. There will be water obstacles, so anyone who is unable to swim can simply skip these.
It’s always useful to have a checklist to ensure you’ve packed everything. Here’s our list of essentials, but be sure to add your own!
• Your race clothes: leggings/shorts (joggers will be too heavy when wet), tshirt/technical running tee (if you have one), socks, old trainers
• Safety pins: for your race number
• Bin bags: for standing/sitting on, plus it’s easier to throw your wet, muddy gear into them to take home!
• Change of clothes: you will get wet and muddy
• Change of trainers: there’s nothing worse than wet feet!
• Towel: just make sure it’s not your mama’s best white, fluffy towels!
• Spare socks and undies
• Wet wipes
• Jumper: don’t get cold when the adrenaline wears off
• Water: stay hydrated, although there are refreshments available in our event village
• Carrier bag: again useful for wet clothes, but also to take away your rubbish and keep our parks clean
• Blanket: for sitting on/keeping warm
• Cash: for spending at the event village
• Deodorant: it will be a long drive home if not!
• Medication (if required): don’t forget your inhaler if you need one!
• Your sense of adventure: fun guaranteed
• Remember: lockers are available but please avoid taking valuables with you
We encourage you to leave any unnecessary valuables at home, however we know there will be some things you’ll need to keep in a safe place on the day so a secure bag drop will be available for £2 per bag.
First-hand event reviews from people who've been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
It only takes a few seconds and every month we randomly select someone who has taken the time to write a review and send them a £50 Wiggle voucher.