Beast to the East Sportive
Beautiful, scenic and challenging sportive across the Meon Valley towards Glorious Goodwood. 28, 57 and 82 miles, fully marked and marshalled with stocked aid stations.
All routes start from Swanmore and head out towards Hampton Hill, Beacon Hill and Old Winchester Hill, where you can enjoy amazing views across the beautiful rolling countryside.
The medium and long routes head up the renowned Butser Hill, lots of out-the-saddle climbing here but the sight of the sea and the panoramic views at the top make this totally worth it!
You then head over to Rowlands Castle with the medium route looping back via South Harting and the long route heading on towards Glorious Goodwood, returning via the South Downs National Park.
WHAT WE ARE DOING FOR YOU:
- Races will be started in small waves to avoid congestion at the start. All races are chip timed so staggered starts can be achieved fairly.
- Race briefing will be online for competitors to read in the run up to the race.
- Sanitiser will be available at aid stations, the start/finish area and in the portaloos.
- Aid stations will have wrapped nutrition which can be picked up quickly. You will be required to bring your own cup/bottle to fill up at the aid stations.
- Anyone displaying symptoms will be asked not to attend.
WHAT WE ASK YOU TO DO:
- If you display any of the following symptoms in the 2 weeks prior to your event, please do not attend:
High temperature/ New or continuous cough/ Loss or change in taste/smell
- Please do not turn up more than half an hour before your race start time so we don’t have competitors from multiple race distances in the start area.
- Maintain social distancing whenever possible.
- Ensure you have a cup/bottle to refill at aid stations.
- Move quickly through the aid stations or stand off to the side if respite needed.
- Sanitise hands before and after using toilets.
NOTHING IN LIFE HAS ZERO RISK BUT………..
Outdoor events such as this one in the fresh air are low risk, especially when taking practical, sensible precautions!
Fully stocked aid stations
Free parking is available at Swanmore Village Hall
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.