Terms & Conditions
Definitions: "findarace.com," "us," "we" or "our" means Find a Race Limited, a company registered in England under number 07875267, whose registered address is 66 Botley Rd, Park Gate, Southampton SO31 1EB. VAT number 323 0344 51.
"Platform" means the (mobile) website on which the service is made available owned, controlled, managed, maintained and/or hosted by findarace.com.
"Race Organiser", "Race Organisation" means the organiser of the race/event.
Scope of service
Through the Platform, we (findarace.com) provide an online platform through which Race Organisers can advertise their events and products, and through which visitors to the Platform can enter such events. By entering an event through findarace.com, you enter into a direct (legally binding) contractual relationship with the Race Organisation with which you enter an event or purchase a product or service (as applicable). From the point at which you make your booking, we act solely as an intermediary between you and the Race Organiser, transmitting the details of your race entry to the relevant Race Organiser(s) and sending you a confirmation email for and on behalf of the Race Organiser.
Any changes to a race entry including (but not limited to) cancellations, refunds, and transfers, are at the discretion of the Race Organiser.
We will do our best to accommodate any changes to a race entry where we can, however this will always be subject to the terms and conditions for that particular event and/or the relevant Race Organiser. By agreeing to the terms and conditions on our booking platform, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions for the event you are entering and/or the relevant Race Organiser.
Correspondence and Communication
findarace.com disclaims any liability or responsibility for any communication with the Race Organiser on or through its platform. You cannot derive any rights from any request to, or communication with the Race Organiser or (any form of) acknowledgement of receipt of any communication or request. findarace.com cannot guarantee that any request or communication will be (duly and timely) received/read by, complied with, executed or accepted by the Race Organiser.
In order to duly complete and secure your event booking, you need to use your correct details including but not limited to email address and address. We are not responsible or liable for (and have no obligation to verify) any wrong or misspelled email address/address or inaccurate or wrong (mobile) phone number or credit card number.
Participants take part in in events listed on findarace.com at their own risk. None of findarace.com, Race Organisers or Sponsors will be responsible or held liable for any injury or death arising from training for or during participation in any events entered through findarace.com to the fullest extent permissible by law. We recommend participants to consult with a Doctor before registration and race day.
- These rules apply to any competition which is run by or on behalf of the Find a Race Ltd. By taking part in a Competition, you agree to be bound by the Competition Rules and by the decisions of Find a Race Ltd which are final in all matters relating to the Competition. Find a Race Ltd reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and/or winner in its absolute discretion for any reason and without notice in accordance with the Competition rules.
- All entries must be received at the place specified during the period in which the Competition is open and late or incomplete entries will be disqualified. No responsibility can be accepted for entries which are lost, delayed, misdirected or corrupted during delivery to the place specified for any reason whatsoever.
- Entries must be submitted by an individual (not via any agency or third party) and, unless otherwise stated, are limited to one per person. Prizes may be provided by a third party sponsor. Find a Race Ltd reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any prize with cash or a prize of comparable value.
- The winning entry will be selected from all entries during the competition entry dates.
- Unless otherwise stated, each Competition is open to all aged 16 years and over, except employees of: (a) Find a Race Ltd; and (b) any third party appointed by Find a Race Ltd to organise and/or manage the Competition; and (c) the Competition sponsor(s).
- By entering a Competition you:
- grant Find a Race Ltd and any third parties appointed by Find a Race Ltd (e.g.. the Competition sponsors) permission to use your name and likeness for the purpose of organising and/or managing the Competition, for announcing the winner of the Competition and for related promotional purposes.
- acknowledge that, where the Competition is being run on the Facebook site, you are disclosing information to the Company and any Competition sponsor(s) and not to Facebook Ireland Limited or Facebook, Inc. (together “Facebook”);
- accept that all entries will become the property of the Company upon receipt and will not be returned. You will retain all rights you have in the copyright and other intellectual property rights comprising the Competition entry but, by entering the Competition, you grant the Company and its licensees the right free of charge to republish your Competition entry;
- waive any moral rights or similar rights you have in your Competition entry whether such rights arise pursuant to the Copyright, Designs and Patent Act 1988 (the “Act”) or equivalent legislation anywhere in the world; and
- warrant to the Company that the Competition entry is wholly original to you and not wholly or substantially copied from any other material and that the Competition entry does not defame, cause injury to or invade the privacy of or otherwise infringe or violate any statutory, common law, regulatory or intellectual property rights of any third party.
- If you are a winner, you may have to provide additional information (including, without limitation, proof of age or identity) and/or complete additional documents and return them to the Company within a specified period. Failure to provide additional information within the required time period could result in you being disqualified as a winner and a new winner being selected.
- If you are a winner of a Competition:
- the receipt by you of any prize is conditional upon you complying with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations including, without limitation, the Competition Rules;
- you acknowledge and agree that neither the Company or any Competition sponsor(s) or any of their employees, agents or subcontractors shall have any liability to you whatsoever in connection with your use and/or possession of your prize, provided that nothing in these Competition Rules shall exclude or limit the liability of any party for personal injury or death caused by negligence or for anything else which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- Any personal data is only used of the purposes of running the competition and segmenting data on an anonymised basis. No identifiable data is shared with third parties except to supply any prize to competition winners or with the competition partner when specified upon entry.
- Find a Race Ltd reserves the right to cancel or alter or amend the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.