BigSea - Isle of Purbeck 50K and 18 Mile
Swanage, DorsetBH19 3AH, Swanage, United Kingdom
Sun 12th June 2022
Starting at 08:30
£33.00 - £55.00
What we are doing for you:
- Races will be started in small waves to avoid congestion at the start. All races are chip timed so staggered starts can be achieved fairly.
- Race briefing will be online for competitors to read in the run up to the race.
- Sanitiser will be available at aid stations, the start/finish area and in the portaloos.
- Aid stations will have wrapped nutrition which can be picked up quickly. You will be required to bring your own cup/bottle to fill up at the aid stations.
- Anyone displaying symptoms will be asked not to attend.
What we ask you to do:
- If you display any of the following symptoms in the 2 weeks prior to your event, please do not attend:
High temperature/ New or continuous cough/ Loss or change in taste/smell
- Please do not turn up more than half an hour before your race start time so we don’t have competitors from multiple race distances in the start area.
- Maintain social distancing whenever possible.
- Ensure you have a cup/bottle to refill at aid stations.
- Move quickly through the aid stations or stand off to the side if respite needed.
- Sanitise hands before and after using toilets.
Nothing in life has zero risk but………..
Outdoor events such as this one in the fresh air are low risk, especially when taking practical, sensible precautions!
Join us on the Isle of Purbeck, Dorset for BigSea, a stunning trail running event that starts and finishes on the beautiful sand of Knoll Beach at Studland.
With 50km and 18 Mile courses to choose from, the 2 single lap routes will take you out to places including The Purbeck Hills, Corfe Castle, Chapmans Pool, Dancing Ledge, Durlston Castle and Old Harry Rocks.
This is possibly the most scenic race you can do in this area with the very best of coast and countryside! Spectacular views and amazing trails await you!
🌲Country & Coastal trail run ✅
👀 Incredible views and scenery ✅
⬆️ Fully marked courses ✅
🥨 Yummy well stocked aid stations ✅
🏅 Large bespoke finishers medal ✅
😃 Friendly, enthusiastic volunteers ✅
👏🏼 Energetic and fun atmosphere ✅
📸 On course photographers ✅
💰 Excellent value for money ✅
😍 Satisfaction guaranteed ✅
Undulating trails with spectacular coastal and countryside views.
50K – 8.5 hours
18 miles – 5 hours
Trees not Tees & your medal
We are proud to be working with Trees Not Tees, giving you the option to plant a tree instead of receiving an official event medal.
If you would prefer to have a tree planted please select 'Trees Not Tees' and we will pay for a tree to be planted in place of providing a medal.
If you would like to plant a tree and still receive a medal, you can do so by making a small contribution to Trees Not Tees.
Doing this event?
First-hand event reviews from people who have been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event. You'll be able to review this event once it's taken place.
See who else is doing this event