This event has taken place
Congratulations to everyone who took part. We're waiting on information about the next edition of this event.
Did you race? Let the community know how you got on and leave a review.Add a review
Fordingbridge, HampshireSP6 2JD Abbotswell Road, Fordingbridge, United Kingdom
Sun 25th September 2022
Starting at 07:00
£33.00 - £58.00
What we are doing for you:
- Races will be started in small waves to avoid congestion at the start. All races are chip timed so staggered starts can be achieved fairly.
- Race briefing will be online for competitors to read in the run up to the race.
- Sanitiser will be available at aid stations, the start/finish area and in the portaloos.
- Aid stations will have wrapped nutrition which can be picked up quickly. You will be required to bring your own cup/bottle to fill up at the aid stations.
- Anyone displaying symptoms will be asked not to attend.
What we ask you to do:
- If you display any of the following symptoms in the 2 weeks prior to your event, please do not attend:
High temperature/ New or continuous cough/ Loss or change in taste/smell
- Please do not turn up more than half an hour before your race start time so we don’t have competitors from multiple race distances in the start area.
- Maintain social distancing whenever possible.
- Ensure you have a cup/bottle to refill at aid stations.
- Move quickly through the aid stations or stand off to the side if respite needed.
- Sanitise hands before and after using toilets.
Nothing in life has zero risk but………..
Outdoor events such as this one in the fresh air are low risk, especially when taking practical, sensible precautions!
Sunrise is at 6:34am and is spectacular from the viewpoint here. All routes are fully marked and marshalled with yummy feed stations and a bespoke medal at the end. Free parking on site and a welcoming, friendly atmosphere is guaranteed!
- Trail run in the spectacular New Forest
- Incredible views and scenery
- Fully marked courses
- Yummy well stocked aid stations
- Bespoke finishers medal
- Friendly, enthusiastic volunteers
- Energetic and fun atmosphere
- On course photographers
- Excellent value for money
On all 3 courses, runners will go over Ibsley Common, Rockford Common and head to Fritham Plain, at which point the !8 Mile heads to into the tall trees of the Amberwood Enclosure before heading back along Hampton Ridge to the finish.
The Marathon and Ultra continue on across Fritham Plain to Nomansland, Deadmans Hill and Godshill.
At the 2nd course split, the 62km Ultramarathon will depart Hope Cottage and cross the border into the vast farmlands of Wiltshire, before crossing the River Avon at the weir to the West of Trafalgar Park, following the river to Downton and then returning to the National Park at Godshill Enclosure.
Here the Ultra meets the marathon course and you’ll be treated to a final climb up Cockley Hill, before the thrilling run along Hampton Ridge to the finish back at Hyde Common, where all runners will receive a bespoke event medal and a chance to sit back and look out over the amazing New Forest.
6:15am – 6:45am.
*Sunrise is at 6:34am and is spectacular from the viewpoint here.
RACE START TIMES
7am – 62KM
7.05am – Marathon
7.10 – 18 Mile
18 Mile – 4 1/2 Hrs
Marathon – 7 Hrs
Ultra – 9 1/2 Hrs
You might like
Done this event?
First-hand event reviews from people who have been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.Add a review