This event has taken place
Congratulations to everyone who took part. We're waiting on information about the next edition of this event.
Did you race? Let the community know how you got on and leave a review.Add a review
Want to see all previous and future editions of this event, find them below.
Winchester, HampshireWinchester Rugby Football Club, North Walls Park, Hillier Way, Winchester, UK
Mon 2nd May 2022
Starting at 07:30
£29.00 - £45.00
WHAT WE ARE DOING FOR YOU:
- Races will be started in small waves to avoid congestion at the start. All races are chip timed so staggered starts can be achieved fairly.
- Race briefing will be online for competitors to read in the run up to the race.
- Sanitiser will be available at aid stations, the start/finish area and in the portaloos.
- Aid stations will have wrapped nutrition which can be picked up quickly. You will be required to bring your own cup/bottle to fill up at the aid stations.
- Anyone displaying symptoms will be asked not to attend.
WHAT WE ASK YOU TO DO:
- If you display any of the following symptoms in the 2 weeks prior to your event, please do not attend:
High temperature/ New or continuous cough/ Loss or change in taste/smell
- Please do not turn up more than half an hour before your race start time so we don’t have competitors from multiple race distances in the start area.
- Maintain social distancing whenever possible.
- Ensure you have a cup/bottle to refill at aid stations.
- Move quickly through the aid stations or stand off to the side if respite needed.
- Sanitise hands before and after using toilets.
NOTHING IN LIFE HAS ZERO RISK BUT………..
Outdoor events such as this one in the fresh air are low risk, especially when taking practical, sensible precautions!
Discover the beautiful trails around Winchester and challenge yourself over one of our 4 distances; 14 miles, 19 miles, Marathon and 50K Ultramarathon. Bespoke medal, fully stocked aid stations and fully marked and marshalled course. This popular event will sell fast!
Your journey around England’s old capital begins in the heart of Winchester. Running along the Itchen Navigation, your first big challenge awaits as you ascend past St Catherine’s Hill and head east across the beautiful undulating trails to Cheesefoot Head. You then have a succession of ‘Big Way’ paths; the South Downs Way, Allan King Way, St Swithun’s Way and the Itchen Way, leading you through quintessential English countryside as the trail meanders alongside the River Itchen past Avington Hall and beyond!
Bespoke medal, chip timing, fully marked and marshalled course, fully stocked aid stations. Free parking at Winchester Rugby Club.
Your journey around England's old capital begins in the heart of Winchester. Starting and finishing at Winchester Rugby Club, participants run along the Itchen Navigation where your first big challenge awaits as you ascend past St Catherine's Hill and head east across the beautiful undulating trails to Cheesefoot Head.
You then have a succession of 'Big Way' paths; the South Downs Way, Allan King Way, St Swithun's Way and the Itchen Way, leading you through quintessential English countryside as the trail meanders alongside the River Itchen and out on the Three Castles Path towards Kings Worthy.
From here, the marathon and ultra routes head out on the Watercress Way to the spectacular 17th Century Lainston House. No time for their famous afternoon tea here though, today you just pass through!
Skirting Farley Mount, the final leg of your challenge takes you back on the Clarendon Way towards St Cross and the Water Meadows.
Be inspired by the sight of Winchester Cathedral as you head towards the finish and the end of your monumental challenge!
Please where possible car share or use public transport to attend the event. When parking, be mindful of others and ensure event car parks are used and not verges/side roads. Permissions are granted for these events on the condition that we are as respectful as possible to members of the public, who will also be visiting our lovely locations. Arrive in good time for your event.
Your personal belongings are your responsibility, please keep them safe. Bag drops are often available but are not secure so we recommend you don’t leave valuable items there.
Your chipped race number must be worn and visible at all times. Please bring your own safety pins to secure. If you retire early from the race then a BigFeat marshal must be made aware so we do not send out a search party! Course maps are available on our website in advance, please familiarise yourselves.
You might like