Spectacular 14 mile, 19 mile, Marathon and 50K ultra trail races around the beautiful Winchester countryside.
Your journey around England's old capital begins in the heart of Winchester. Starting and finishing at Winchester Rugby Club, participants run along the Itchen Navigation where your first big challenge awaits as you ascend past St Catherine's Hill and head east across the beautiful undulating trails to Cheesefoot Head.
You then have a succession of 'Big Way' paths; the South Downs Way, Allan King Way, St Swithun's Way and the Itchen Way, leading you through quintessential English countryside as the trail meanders alongside the River Itchen and out on the Three Castles Path towards Kings Worthy.
From here, the marathon and ultra routes head out on the Watercress Way to the spectacular 17th Century Lainston House. No time for their famous afternoon tea here though, today you just pass through!
Skirting Farley Mount, the final leg of your challenge takes you back on the Clarendon Way towards St Cross and the Water Meadows.
Be inspired by the sight of Winchester Cathedral as you head towards the finish and the end of your monumental challenge!
WHAT WE ARE DOING FOR YOU:
- Races will be started in small waves to avoid congestion at the start. All races are chip timed so staggered starts can be achieved fairly.
- Race briefing will be online for competitors to read in the run up to the race.
- Sanitiser will be available at aid stations, the start/finish area and in the portaloos.
- Aid stations will have wrapped nutrition which can be picked up quickly. You will be required to bring your own cup/bottle to fill up at the aid stations.
- Anyone displaying symptoms will be asked not to attend.
WHAT WE ASK YOU TO DO:
- If you display any of the following symptoms in the 2 weeks prior to your event, please do not attend:
High temperature/ New or continuous cough/ Loss or change in taste/smell
- Please do not turn up more than half an hour before your race start time so we don’t have competitors from multiple race distances in the start area.
- Maintain social distancing whenever possible.
- Ensure you have a cup/bottle to refill at aid stations.
- Move quickly through the aid stations or stand off to the side if respite needed.
- Sanitise hands before and after using toilets.
NOTHING IN LIFE HAS ZERO RISK BUT………..
Outdoor events such as this one in the fresh air are low risk, especially when taking practical, sensible precautions!
Bespoke event T-shirt
Stunning trails, fully marked and marshalled
Free race photography
Great public transport links
Generous 4:30pm cut off for all races
Winchester Rugby Club - SO23 7SU
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.