The Mount Ephraim 10k
The Mount Ephraim 10k is a well organised and popular race and returns again in 2021.
Your entry to the race will also secure you free family admission to Mount Ephraim Gardens - the beautiful country estate that has been owned by the Dawes family for over 300 years. Visitors to the Edwardian Gardens will enjoy a captivating experience with breathtaking views of the Kent countryside.
There will also be a children's dash taking place.
Please note the following changes for the event and please read the codes of conduct below.
1. The first change you will notice is the start time. Rather than a single start time for all runners, we are operating a pre-booking system with start times available in 3-minute slots. People will be allocated a place on the start line according to their anticipated finish time, with the fastest runner lining up on the front of the start line.
2. Please arrive ready to run. There are no changing facilities and no facilities for left baggage – this is in line with UKA Guidelines.
3. A sterile area will be in force around the start line with strictly no access to anybody other than participants and race officials. Once you enter this area you will not be able to leave until your race begins. NO SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED WITHIN THIS STERILE AREA.
4. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, water, in sealed bottles, will be available at the finish and you will be required to collect it yourself from an unmanned water table – hand sanitiser and gloves will be available for you to use. There will not be a water station on the course. Please dispose of the bottles and other litter in the bins provided.
5. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, no results, race prizes or awards will be available on the day. Results will be uploaded immediately to our website and emailed to participants. Race and age group winners will receive a trophy in the post after the event. Medals will be available to be collected at the event.
6. There will be toilet facilities at the start / finish area and these will be sanitised regularly. Please play your part by washing your hands thoroughly and using hand sanitiser before and after use.
7. Hand sanitiser will be available – please use it regularly.
8. You must maintain social distancing at all times – before, during and after the race. When overtaking another runner please be mindful of the space available.
9. Spectators are not encouraged to attend – but if they must do so, they should not congregate around the race start or finish areas.
10. Once you finish your race please continue to walk through the finish funnel and return direct to your vehicle – do not wait for friends or family.
11. Please read the Participants and Spectators Code of Conduct - Please observe the ‘Rule of 6’ and do not gather in large groups to discuss the race or take team photos.
Finish line goodies
Prizes/awards for leading runners in all age categories plus team prize
Mount Ephraim Gardens, Hernhill, Faversham, Kent ME13 9TX
The venue can be accessed via the M2/A2.
Race Headquarters will be on the lawn in front of the Manor House and will be clearly signposted. The start/finish area will be on the cricket pitch immediately outside the HQ and signs will be clearly posted to direct you.
Parking is available at the main car park which is clearly signposted upon entry.
The closest railway station is Selling which is approximately 3 miles from the Mount Ephraim Gardens.
This accurately-measured course starts within the grounds of Mount Ephraim Gardens and follows the quiet country lanes surrounding the Estate.
On Site Parking
Baggage Drop Off
St John Ambulance or an alternative medical provider will be in attendance
The course will be marshalled to provide assistance.
There will also be a sweep marshal following the race to ensure that nobody is left behind and that all runners are accounted for
Your individual time and position will be recorded by your electronic chip. Results should be available on our website www.nice-work.org.uk as soon as you cross the finish line. Provisional results will be published as soon as possible after the race has finished and final results will be published as soon as is practical on the day after the race.
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.