This event has taken place
Congratulations to everyone who took part. We're waiting on information about the next edition of this event.
Did you race? Let the community know how you got on and leave a review.Add your review
Want to see all previous and future editions of this event, find them below.
Buff Joust 24hr
Holt Heath, Worcester4 Worcester Rd, Holt Heath, Holt, Worcester WR6 6NH, UK
Sat 05th September 2020
Starting at 09:00
£6.99 - £90.06
The Buff Joust 24hr and 12hr (new for 2020) are off road races suitable for teams and solo runners. Camping is available around the race start location at Top Barn Camp Site, Holt Heath. The race will be run over a 5.56 mile loop following parts of the Severn Way, along the River to Grimley, then returning to the campsite through a mixture of fields, footpaths and very quiet lanes. The course is easily navigable and relatively flat.
Also Kiddies Joust - run/walk/jog over a 1 hour period.
Joust 24hr£90.06 CLOSED
Joust 12 Hr£74.78 CLOSED
Kiddies Joust£6.99 CLOSED
Joust 24hr£90.06 CLOSED
Joust 12 Hr£74.78 CLOSED
Kiddies Joust£6.99 CLOSED
Do it for charity
All competitors, both J24 and J12 can arrive on Friday night or Saturday morning to set up their tents. Please note – your tent pitch is included within your entry fee. You may also hire one of our “SOLO” tents to save the bother of bringing your own.
J24 Solo Runners – will start at 12:00 Saturday, and will proceed to run as many laps as they can in 24 hours. The Soloists have preferential camping pitches which are very close to the course itself. They will also be allowed to have a support crew should they wish, although separate pitch costs must be purchased as the race entries only include those individuals.
J12 Solo Runners – will start at 9:00 on the Saturday, 3 hours before the J24 competitors start and will conclude at 21:00 giving a race duration of 12 hours.
The J12 is a new event for 2020. The event is only for competitors wishing to achieve the accolade of completing 50 miles within a twelve hour period. In order to achieve this accolade you must have completed the 50 miles before 21:00. Once you have completed the 50 miles you have finished your race. For entrants who are concerned about pacing, we have “Time Lord” duties on the day, who will complete the 50 miles within the allotted 12 hours, to include a short period of time after each lap for refreshments / toilet breaks. So if you are concerned about your timing just tag along. The J12 will also have the benefit of a unique medal for competitors successfully completing the J12 Challange.
Kiddies Joust – Run/walk/jog over a 1 hour period. Enter as a single entrant and we will add you to a team. The Kiddies Joust will be Saturday afternoon only (14:00 – 15:00). Each team member can run/walk/jog as little or as much of the course as they like. For each lap run the kids will collect a ‘lap band’. Once they have finished running we just add up the lap bands to confirm distance run. The course is set up in the second camping field which is very safe and everybody is clearly in view at all times*. Due to the Kiddies medals being the same quality as the main event (only smaller) it is imperative that places are booked early to ensure medal availability. * All children must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times whilst they take part.
- 12/24 hour race? As the name says the BUFF® Joust 24hr is a 24 hour race. Competitors will need to complete a lap within the 24 hours in order for it to count. Any competitor still on the course and arriving after 12:00 on Sunday will not have that lap recognised. The same applies for the J12 with closure at 21:00 on the Saturday.
- Night running – It will be compulsory for all runners to wear a head torch or carry a hand torch from 19:00, runners will also be expected to carry a switched on mobile phone and a whistle. The course will not be lit but the way will be well marked with yellow direction signs and temporary spray paint. It is very much encouraged that during the hours of darkness competitors run together with either support crew or other competitors – this isn’t a mandatory requirement, just a recommendation, and the decision rests with each individual competitor.
- The Knights of Worcester – Also during the hours of darkness, the race will benefit from several non-competative runners who will run loops of the course and they will happily join any competitor along the route purely on a support basis. If you fancy being a “Knight” please email us at email@example.com to note your interest. Each Knight will recieve a Knights of Worcester tec t-shirt and a Knights of Worcester bespoke medal as a thank you.
- Results – Each runner will be provided with a chip-timing device (to be collected on the day). Each lap will be recorded as you pass over the timing mat. For those of you wishing to check your position we will have a live timing which can be viewed by anybody with a mobile device and internet. For a lap to count, it must be completed no later than 12:00 on the Sunday for J24 competitors and 21:00 on the Saturday for J12 competitors.
- Pace: For J24 competitors it doesn’t matter how fast or slow you complete your lap, this is an event for everyone fast and slow alike. For J12 competitors you must complete the full 50 miles within the 12 hour period.
- Water Stations: Water stations will be available at the Start location, at the turning point of The Wagon Wheel at Grimley, and two further stations before you complete your loop. All of these stations will have water, and be manned throughout the night and operate as control points with recording of times as each runner passes through. Please remember to bring your own drinking-cup or water bottle as the Buff Joust is a plastic-cup free race. (i.e. non-supplied)
- Competition retirement: If any competitor has to retire for whatever reason they must contact the race organisers immediately, either by advising a checkpoint attendant or telephoning the emergency number which will be written on the competitors race number and handing back either your timing chip or batten.
Entries into all URL events are on a non-refundable basis. However, up to and within four weeks of the event you may defer till the following year or substitute another runner to take your place. Inside the four week period, no deferrals or transfers are possible. If for any reason Ultra Running Ltd has to cancel the event, we will offer a rearranged date.
- Photo coverage We will have photographers on course throughout the event, but if you take any interesting photos yourselves please let us have them. Ultra Running Ltd. reserves all exclusive rights for photo coverage of its events. Participants agree that Ultra Running Limited may use exclusively their individual or collective names and pictures for anything related directly or indirectly to their participation in this event.
All J24 entries booked before 1 August 2020 will receive a J24 medal and a Joust T-Shirt. Late entries after that date may receive a standard URL medal and t-shirt.
All J12 entries booked before 1 August 2020 will receive a Joust T-Shirt. Successful finishers will also receive a J12 Medal. Late entries after that date may receive a standard URL medal and t-shirt.
There are also Trophies in various categories
Top Barn Camp Site, Holt Heath, Worcester WR6 6NH