Rye Summer Classic Series 10k - August
Rye, East SussexRye Harbour Nature Reserve, Rye, East Sussex, TN31 7TU
Fri 06th August 2021
£4.35 - £18.90
Please note the following changes for the event and please read the codes of conduct below.
1. The first change you will notice is the start time. Rather than a single start time for all runners, we are operating a pre-booking system with start times available in 3-minute slots. People will be allocated a place on the start line according to their anticipated finish time, with the fastest runner lining up on the front of the start line.
2. Please arrive ready to run. There are no changing facilities and no facilities for left baggage – this is in line with UKA Guidelines.
3. A sterile area will be in force around the start line with strictly no access to anybody other than participants and race officials. Once you enter this area you will not be able to leave until your race begins. NO SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED WITHIN THIS STERILE AREA.
4. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, water, in sealed bottles, will be available at the finish and you will be required to collect it yourself from an unmanned water table – hand sanitiser and gloves will be available for you to use. There will not be a water station on the course. Please dispose of the bottles and other litter in the bins provided.
5. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, no results, race prizes or awards will be available on the day. Results will be uploaded immediately to our website and emailed to participants. Race and age group winners will receive a trophy in the post after the event. Medals will be available to be collected at the event.
6. There will be toilet facilities at the start / finish area and these will be sanitised regularly. Please play your part by washing your hands thoroughly and using hand sanitiser before and after use.
7. Hand sanitiser will be available – please use it regularly.
8. You must maintain social distancing at all times – before, during and after the race. When overtaking another runner please be mindful of the space available.
9. Spectators are not encouraged to attend – but if they must do so, they should not congregate around the race start or finish areas.
10. Once you finish your race please continue to walk through the finish funnel and return direct to your vehicle – do not wait for friends or family.
11. Please read the Participants and Spectators Code of Conduct - Please observe the ‘Rule of 6’ and do not gather in large groups to discuss the race or take team photos.
This fast and flat 10k, race 2 in the series, takes place within one of Britain’s most important conservation sites. The race is a chance to see the rare coastal landscape, covering a mosaic of interlocking shingle ridges, saltmarsh, intertidal grazing, reed-beds and saline lagoons.
The race is perfect for runners of all abilities, from those looking to complete their first 10k distance to seasoned 10k runners looking for a new PB. The event is family friendly and in addition to the main 10k, there is a short Children’s Race.
UK Athletics (UKA) save £2.00
UK Athletics (UKA) save £2.00
All race finishers will receive a medal
There are prizes for the leading men and women, plus leading vet categories and teams (three to score).
Rye Harbour Nature Reserve, Rye, East Sussex TN31 7TU
Getting There & Parking
From the East, Rye is 20 miles from Ashford along the A259; from the West it's just a short trip (14 Miles) from Hastings, again along the A259. From central London follow the M20 to Ashford, then take the A259 to Rye.
Rye Harbour village is 2 miles southeast of Rye town.
There is parking available at Rye Harbour. Please be aware that it is a busy car park with other visitors to the Nature Reserve. Currently the car park is free but there is a donation box. There is also a sign saying the car park closes at 8pm – please ignore this as it will be staying open for the evening. If the car park does become full please use the roads in the village but please be mindful of local residents and do not block any driveways.
By Public Transport
There is a train station at Rye with regular trains from Hastings and Ashford. There are regular buses from Rye station to Rye Harbour village.
The route is a traffic free out and back course on the main concrete road through the reserve. The course is accurately measured, fast and flat and, if the weather is fine, a perfect opportunity for a PB.
It’s an out and back route and the surface is concrete throughout. Your favourite road shoes will be fine.
The race will be chip timed.
This event is fully licenced by UK Athletics and held under their rules
The race is suitable for experienced runners and beginners alike. The minimum age on race day is 15 years for the 10k distance
Race Number Information
Race numbers for the event will be available to collect on the day from the registration desk located at Race HQ. No ID is required but please arrive in plenty of time so that the race can start promptly.
As the event is run under UK Athletics rules and takes place on paths through the nature reserve, headphones are permitted. However, we ask that you have the volume low enough to hear marshal instructions
Race HQ is located in Rye Harbour, open from 5.30pm and well signposted from the car park.
Car parking is available in Rye Harbour, the post code for Sat Nav is TN31 7TU. Please be aware that it is a busy car park with other visitors to the Nature Reserve. We encourage car sharing where possible.
There will be toilet facilities available.
Baggage Drop Off
The Baggage drop off will be located at Race HQ and will be open from 5.30 pm.
There is a small selection of hot, cold drinks and snacks for sale inside the Rye Harbour Sailing Club.
Water and Aid Stations
Depending on weather conditions on the day of the event, there will either be a water station located at the turnaround or, if the conditions are particularly warm, we will have a water station at 2.5/7.5km. This will be confirmed on the evening of the event at the race briefing. There will also be a water station at the start and finish. We will ensure that they are well supplied but runners, as always, have the option of carrying their own water bottles. We are happy to refill water bottles for you.
Changing and Shower Facilities
There are changing and shower facilities located at the Rye Harbour Sailing Club.
A Private medical provider will be in attendance on the day
The course will be fully marshalled to aid participants.
There will also be a sweep marshal following the race to ensure that nobody is left behind and that all runners are accounted for.
See who else is doing this event
Be the first
No-one has marked this event as 'Doing' or 'Maybe' yet. Will you be the first?