The Madehurst South Downs 10k & 5k
Join us on the beautiful South Downs! The race enjoyed a stunning debut in 2019 when, despite torrential rain, almost 400 hardy souls took to the undulating tracks, trails and roads around the picturesque village of Madehurst, nestling in the heart of the South Downs near Arundel.
Indeed it is a rare opportunity to run this scenic route from Madehurst Cricket Club, Arundel, much of it is on private land and the race is sure to be popular once again this year. Although the course is challenging in parts, it is ideal for runners of all standards – from experienced athletes to those with limited race experience and first time runners. And, of course, you have the choice of running 10k or 5k.
Please note the following changes for the event and please read the codes of conduct below.
1. The first change you will notice is the start time. Rather than a single start time for all runners, we are operating a pre-booking system with start times available in 3-minute slots. People will be allocated a place on the start line according to their anticipated finish time, with the fastest runner lining up on the front of the start line.
2. Please arrive ready to run. There are no changing facilities and no facilities for left baggage – this is in line with UKA Guidelines.
3. A sterile area will be in force around the start line with strictly no access to anybody other than participants and race officials. Once you enter this area you will not be able to leave until your race begins. NO SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED WITHIN THIS STERILE AREA.
4. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, water, in sealed bottles, will be available at the finish and you will be required to collect it yourself from an unmanned water table – hand sanitiser and gloves will be available for you to use. There will not be a water station on the course. Please dispose of the bottles and other litter in the bins provided.
5. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, no results, race prizes or awards will be available on the day. Results will be uploaded immediately to our website and emailed to participants. Race and age group winners will receive a trophy in the post after the event. Medals will be available to be collected at the event.
6. There will be toilet facilities at the start / finish area and these will be sanitised regularly. Please play your part by washing your hands thoroughly and using hand sanitiser before and after use.
7. Hand sanitiser will be available – please use it regularly.
8. You must maintain social distancing at all times – before, during and after the race. When overtaking another runner please be mindful of the space available.
9. Spectators are not encouraged to attend – but if they must do so, they should not congregate around the race start or finish areas.
10. Once you finish your race please continue to walk through the finish funnel and return direct to your vehicle – do not wait for friends or family.
11. Please read the Participants and Spectators Code of Conduct - Please observe the ‘Rule of 6’ and do not gather in large groups to discuss the race or take team photos.
Finish line goodies
10k Prizes/trophies for:
1st, 2nd, 3rd Males, Male Vet Categories 1-8, First Male Team (of 3)
1st, 2nd, 3rd Ladies, Lady Vet Categories 1-8, First Lady Team (of 3)
Madehurst Cricket Club, Arundel, Sussex BN18 0NN
Madehurst is a small village in the Arun District of West Sussex. It is located four miles to the north-west of Arundel, to the West of the A29.
The postcode for your Satnav is BN18 0NN.
Start line opens – 8.30 am
Start lines closes – 10.30 am
The course is a single lap for the 10k, with 5k runners doing a shorter loop of an undulating route around the trails and paths and roads around Madehurst and South Downs.
On Site Parking
Baggage Drop Off
St John Ambulance or an alternative medical provider will be in attendance on the day
The course will be marshalled to provide assistance.
There will also be a sweep runner following the race to ensure that nobody is left behind and that all runners are accounted for.
Your individual time and position will be recorded by your electronic chip. Results should be available on our website
www.nice-work.org.uk as soon as you cross the finish line. Provisional results will be published as soon as possible after the race has finished and final results will be published as soon as is practical on the day after the race.
All entrants that have supplied a valid and legible email address will receive a copy of the results by email as soon as possible on the first working day after the race.
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.