The Woodchurch 10 & 5 Mile
This accurately measured 10 mile road race returns for a third year in 2021. The event has proved popular with runners and clubs alike, and we are looking forward to making it bigger and better this year! The race uses the quiet undulating country lanes surrounding the picturesque Kent village of Woodchurch.
The event is open to runners of all abilities, from novices to experienced athletes and is perfect for those looking to clock some longer miles over the Autumn months. If 10 miles is too far why not try the 5 mile option?
The event is held to raise much needed funds for Woodchurch Primary School.
Please note the following changes for the event and please read the codes of conduct below.
1. The first change you will notice is the start time. Rather than a single start time for all runners, we are operating a pre-booking system with start times available in 3-minute slots. People will be allocated a place on the start line according to their anticipated finish time, with the fastest runner lining up on the front of the start line.
2. Please arrive ready to run. There are no changing facilities and no facilities for left baggage – this is in line with UKA Guidelines.
3. A sterile area will be in force around the start line with strictly no access to anybody other than participants and race officials. Once you enter this area you will not be able to leave until your race begins. NO SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED WITHIN THIS STERILE AREA.
4. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, water, in sealed bottles, will be available at the finish and you will be required to collect it yourself from an unmanned water table – hand sanitiser and gloves will be available for you to use. There will not be a water station on the course. Please dispose of the bottles and other litter in the bins provided.
5. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, no results, race prizes or awards will be available on the day. Results will be uploaded immediately to our website and emailed to participants. Race and age group winners will receive a trophy in the post after the event. Medals will be available to be collected at the event.
6. There will be toilet facilities at the start / finish area and these will be sanitised regularly. Please play your part by washing your hands thoroughly and using hand sanitiser before and after use.
7. Hand sanitiser will be available – please use it regularly.
8. You must maintain social distancing at all times – before, during and after the race. When overtaking another runner please be mindful of the space available.
9. Spectators are not encouraged to attend – but if they must do so, they should not congregate around the race start or finish areas.
10. Once you finish your race please continue to walk through the finish funnel and return direct to your vehicle – do not wait for friends or family.
11. Please read the Participants and Spectators Code of Conduct - Please observe the ‘Rule of 6’ and do not gather in large groups to discuss the race or take team photos.
Bespoke medals to all finishers.
Prizes and trophies in the 10 mile race for leading runners and age category winners.
Prizes in the 5 mile for leading runners
On Site Parking
Baggage Drop Off
St John Ambulance or an alternative medical provider will be in attendance on the day
The course will be marshalled
There will be a sweep marshal following the race to ensure that nobody is left behind and that all runners are accounted for.
Woodchurch Green, Woodchurch, Ashford, Kent TN26 3PE
Ashford is accessed from J9 or J10 of the M20.
The course uses an undulating route around the roads and lanes surrounding the pretty village of Woodchurch. The route is two laps for the 10 mile with 5 mile runners completing a single loop. The race will start and finish from The Green in Woodchurch.
You can view the route map here.
Your individual time and position will be recorded by our chip timing team. We will endeavour to display results as they come into the race centre, but please allow time for manual processing. Results will be uploaded to www.nice-work.org.uk as soon as possible after the race. All entrants that have supplied a valid and legible email address will receive a copy of the results as soon as possible after the race.
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.