Ultra X 50 Scotland
Ultra X 50 Scotland is a 50km ultramarathon that takes place in the Scottish Highlands, a mountainous region in northwest Scotland known for its stunning scenery and trails, with the Great Glen and Loch Ness at its centre.
Following a geological fault line formed more than 400 million years ago, the Great Glen runs arrow-straight from Fort William to Moray Firth. Surrounded by some of the UK’s highest mountains and filled with four immense lochs, including the mythical Loch Ness, the glen is a unique wilderness rich in Highland heritage.
Ultra X 50 Scotland takes place on the second day (Sunday) of Ultra X 125 Scotland.
Individual Stage (50km) from:£60 BOOK
1. Race entry
2. Medical staff on course
3. Osteopathy staff on course
4. Drinking water at checkpoints on course
5. Ground assistance and full safety support
6. Digital copies of all images from event photographer
7. Individual/team rankings and ITRA points
8. Finisher’s medal
1. Travel to the Highlands
2. Transfers from Inverness to the start line/from the finish line to Inverness (can be booked as an add-on at checkout)
3. Any accommodation
4. Personal food, kit and equipment (see kit list below)
5. Comprehensive insurance (to cover cancellations, loss of items, injury etc)
6. Training costs
7. Spending money
8. Transport home for runners who are disqualified or withdraw early
Bus transfers from Inverness to the start line in Fort Augustus (approx 60 mins) will be departing at 07:00. Runners can deposit a drop bag at the start line, which will be available at the finish line. The 50km race will start at 09:00, one hour after the 125km race.
We anticipate runners completing the race in 4-12 hours. At the finish line, there will be food and drinks available to purchase. Bus transfers back to Inverness from the finish line in Dores (approx 25 mins) will be departing throughout the afternoon.
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.