The Rye Ancient Trails 30k & 15k
Following a successful second year for this multi-terrain race through the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in East Sussex, the race returns in 2021.
Starting and finishing in the medieval town of Rye, this challenging circular route winds its way through ancient woodland and farmland on trails, footpaths and quiet country lanes, linking the Norman churches of Rye, Iden, Beckley, Northiam and Peasmarsh - a true steeplechase!
Not up for the full 30K? There is a 15K option on the same route, turning at Peasmarsh. The race will be looking to attract runners of all abilities, from experienced athletes to those new to running.
Please note the following changes for the event and please read the codes of conduct below.
1. The first change you will notice is the start time. Rather than a single start time for all runners, we are operating a pre-booking system with start times available in 3-minute slots. People will be allocated a place on the start line according to their anticipated finish time, with the fastest runner lining up on the front of the start line.
2. Please arrive ready to run. There are no changing facilities and no facilities for left baggage – this is in line with UKA Guidelines.
3. A sterile area will be in force around the start line with strictly no access to anybody other than participants and race officials. Once you enter this area you will not be able to leave until your race begins. NO SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED WITHIN THIS STERILE AREA.
4. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, water, in sealed bottles, will be available at the finish and you will be required to collect it yourself from an unmanned water table – hand sanitiser and gloves will be available for you to use. There will not be a water station on the course. Please dispose of the bottles and other litter in the bins provided.
5. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, no results, race prizes or awards will be available on the day. Results will be uploaded immediately to our website and emailed to participants. Race and age group winners will receive a trophy in the post after the event. Medals will be available to be collected at the event.
6. There will be toilet facilities at the start / finish area and these will be sanitised regularly. Please play your part by washing your hands thoroughly and using hand sanitiser before and after use.
7. Hand sanitiser will be available – please use it regularly.
8. You must maintain social distancing at all times – before, during and after the race. When overtaking another runner please be mindful of the space available.
9. Spectators are not encouraged to attend – but if they must do so, they should not congregate around the race start or finish areas.
10. Once you finish your race please continue to walk through the finish funnel and return direct to your vehicle – do not wait for friends or family.
11. Please read the Participants and Spectators Code of Conduct - Please observe the ‘Rule of 6’ and do not gather in large groups to discuss the race or take team photos.
Prizes/trophies are available for 1st, 2nd & 3rd Male and Female; 1st in age categories from Vet 1 to Vet 8; 1st Male & Female affiliated team (3 to count).
Medals for all finishers
Rye Sports Centre, Rye, East Sussex TN31 7ND
From the East, Rye is 20 miles from Ashford along the A259; from the West it's just a short trip (14 Miles) from Hastings, again along the A259. From central London follow the M20 to Ashford, then take the A259 to Rye.
Race Headquarters will be at the Sports Centre. There is on site parking, which will be well signposted as you come into Rye. Please take note of any local parking charges that may be applicable
There is a railway station is Rye (Sussex), with regular trains from Hastings and Ashfor, and the Sports Centre is located behind the railway station
There are limited bus services available for the area
The undulating multi-terrain route includes 1,500ft of climb, with numerous gates and stiles to be negotiated, but the stunning scenery will keep you going to the finish.
Baggage Drop Off
St John Ambulance or an alternative medical provider will be in attendance
The course will be marshalled to provide assistance
There will also be a sweep runner following the race to ensure that nobody is left behind and that all runners are accounted for.
Your individual time and position will be recorded by our chip timing team. We will endeavour to display results as they come into the race centre, but please allow time for manual processing. Results will be uploaded to www.nice-work.org.uk as soon as possible after the race. All entrants that have supplied a valid and legible email address will receive a copy of the results as soon as possible after the race.
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.