Exercise & Races COVID 19 - Latest
Maverick Adidas Terrex Frontier Chilterns
We head to the Chiltern Hills for the first of our new Frontier Series events. Four routes to choose from - 50k, 43k, 26k, 9k - and whilst the routes are aimed at all level of runners, the emphasis is on taking you Mavericks to your first / fastest / funnest 50km. This event is certainly worthy of a Saturday morning adventure.
Nestled in the heart of England, this route through the Chilterns delivers on all levels. You'll find yourself winding through ancient woodlands, steeped in history, with your efforts being rewarded by incredible views over the surrounding Chiltern Hills AONB. You'll be running on famous routes such as the Icknield Way, which is one of the oldest roads in Britain, dating back to before Roman times. There’s also an awesome section along the Grand Union Canal which weaves its way back into Wendover, before you make the climb up Pulpit Hill and White Leaf Cross.
We look forward to welcoming you back or welcoming you for the first time to the beautiful Chiltern hills. You won’t want to miss out on this one.
Prizes for the winners of each distance, male and female.
Fully Marked Course
On-course hydration and nutrition outpost
Food and Drink Available
Bag Drop Area
Wendover School, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire HP22 6NL
Wendover is about 5 miles South of Aylesbury. Use postcode HP22 6NL for your Satnav.
The venue is 10mins walk from Wendover Station
Walking distance from Wendover bus Station
Free Parking will be available. Look out for our parking signs when you arrive at the venue.
Gates open: 8:00am
Ultra: 09:00 - 09:30
Long: 09:35 - 10:05
Middle/Short: 10:10 - 10:40
We have 4 routes for you to choose from, with undulating, woodland and winding trails. Please select carefully, the Frontier Series is not for the faint-hearted. You can expect up to 4 on-course hydration and nutrition outposts provided by Precision Hydration.
There will be cut off times, tbc. These are in place for your safety and apply to the 50km Ultra route only. If you do not get to these points in time you will have to be collected as we don’t believe you will finish the route in time. Your safety is our priority.
Distance: 50 km; Elevation Gain: +750 m
Distance: 43 km; Elevation Gain: +580 m
Distance: 26 km; Elevation Gain: +315 m
Distance: 9 km; Elevation Gain: +197 m
You should always:
• Follow the on course signage
• Listen to on course marshals
• Take care when crossing roads
• Be considerate to others
• Please close all gates, DO NOT litter!
In our quest to make this season plastic-free, we ask that you run with a reusable cup or bottle.
These items are mandatory for this race
• Trail shoes
• Taped waterproof jacket
• Mobile phone (in case of emergency)
• Your preferred food and hydration to last you the race - there will be outpost on course
• Foil blanket
• Map (supplied)
• Hat/buff and gloves
• Additional base layers
• A re-usable cup (we’d like to ensure our are races plastic free!)
If you are taking part in one of our events, you must adhere to the following. This is to minimise the risk to yourself, others and our crew.
1. Do not attend the event if you feel unwell or have had COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14days.
2. Always keep a minimum of 2m away from another person, whilst racing and in the event village
3. Wear your face mask when within the event village
4. Use the hand sanitiser provided before touching any of the outpost items
5. Be extra mindful of other trail users who are not part of the event
6. Allow adequate distance when passing competitors / other trail users – wait if there is not enough room to pass at a safe distance
7. Use the hand sanitiser provided straight after finishing your run Thank you for your co-operation, it is greatly appreciated!
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.