Run the Wild Autumn 10k
The Chiltern Hills in Autumn are a stunning place to go for a trail run. We pick up trails which are less known, even to locals, and along the way we incorporate fun downhill paths banked by trees and head through a nature reserve to where we hope to see wildlife, including local deer. As with all our events we want you to learn about the wild as well as become a better runner, so we are on hand to offer technical guidance.
All abilities are catered for, so whether you are a new to trail running, just looking to get some miles in an inspiring location, or smash out trails like a pro, you're in good hands. You will be grouped with similar ability runners and led by one of our experienced Run Leaders who knows the route and will set the pace for you. We walk anything too steep and it's a good opportunity to get some trail running tips from our leaders along the way as well as meet other trail runners.
The run will start in Tring. At the end of the run, there is a great coffee shop within walking distance to pick up a post run refreshment.
Individual Entry£15 BOOK
THE RUN THE WILD COVID-19 REFUND GUARANTEE:
At Run the Wild we are passionate about getting you out onto the trails. If you book directly with us on any of our trips after the 1st May 2020, and if Run the Wild have to cancel or postpone a trip due to COVID-19 government restrictions, you can either postpone your place free of charge or receive a full refund. This is in addition to our Terms & Conditions.
We are following current UK Government guidelines in delivering trail running trips. They are conducted in line with England Athletics guidelines to ensure your safety. In addition, you will need to carry with you (not wear) on all of our trips until further notice a vapour resistant face mask (we will have these for sale for £2 if you arrive without one) and personal alcohol-based hand gel as well as adhering to current social distancing guidelines.
All UK events are held in the outdoors with no requirement to be indoors at any time. All clients are asked to confirm they are exhibiting no symptoms prior to coming to a Run the Wild event, and are required to carry a vapour resistant face mask (checked on arrival), and hand gel. All participant contact details are recorded which can be shared upon request with the government’s Test and Trace initiative. All guides carry a mask and hand sanitisers, and have been briefed on COVID-19 protocols in case of an emergency situation where the administering of first aid is required. In line with England Athletics guidance, and the provision of a COVID-19 secure environment, groups will be limited to a maximum of 12 clients per run leader/coach or when relevant will reflect any changes to the guidelines. We typically operate at a much lower guide to client ratio than this limit. These precautions will enable the continued safe running of our trips, thank you.
What we ask of you, the client:
- Please do not attend any of our trips if you are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms, or if someone in your household is and requires you to self-isolate.
- Ensure you carry a vapour resistant face mask and personal alcohol-based hand gel, as you run.
- Please remain in your vehicle until you are asked to meet your run guide.
- Adhere to current social distancing guidelines before, during and after your run, with regards to other runners, and other trails users and members of the public.
- Good hygiene must be practised at all times. This includes bringing your own hand sanitiser, keeping the touching of gates to an absolute minimum, and a strict policy of no spitting while running.
- Please check your local government guidelines in regards to travel, public transport and overnight accommodation.
A Lead Runner for the team, with you every step of the way
Trail running instruction
10k of inspiring trails!
What's not included:
Personal insurance (recommended)
Travel to / from Musette's Aldbury
Food & Drinks
Tring Park, Tring, Hertfordshire
The event will start at 9am and will finish around 10.30am (full details in your booking pack).
You will need to arrange your own transport to the start of the adventure in Tring, but there are regular trains from London Euston to Tring Station, which take around 40 minutes, then it's 2 miles to the meeting point, which can be walked or you can take a taxi from the station.
The event is easily accessible by rail or road.
- Face mask
- Hand sanitiser
- Wicking top and shorts or leggings
- Socks (eg: Injinji)
- Trail running shoes (sufficient tread)
WEATHER DEPENDENT ITEMS:
- Lightweight waterproof jacket
- Sun hat / cap
- Warm hat and gloves
- Fully Charged Mobile Phone including the numbers for the Lead Runners, Event Director as well as appropriate emergency services (charge before use and make sure it's in a waterproof case or bag)
- Lightweight, comfortable running pack (max 12 litres)
- Water Bottles / Bladder
- Snacks to sustain you for the planned route
- Waterproof bags / dry bags to keep stuff dry
- Whistle (normally found attached to your bag)
- Personal first aid kit (eg: blister packs, sunscreen, inhaler etc)
Please note: we will not be checking your kit on the day, but we highly recommend you bring these items for your safety.
We will group participants by their ability but you need to be able to run 5km non-stop. It's a great event for those new to trail running as well as those who want to become better on the trails! The Lead Runner will route find and as all with our running adventures you will be expected to run as part of the team. First time trail runners welcome!
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.