This event has taken place
Congratulations to everyone who took part. We're waiting on information about the next edition of this event.
Did you race? Let the community know how you got on and leave a review.Add your review
Want to see all previous and future editions of this event, find them below.
Tring, HertfordshireTring Station, Tring HP23 5QR, UK
Sat 15th May 2021
Starting at 09:00
THE RUN THE WILD COVID-19 REFUND GUARANTEE:
At Run the Wild we are passionate about getting you out onto the trails. If you book directly with us on any of our trips after the 1st May 2020, and if Run the Wild have to cancel or postpone a trip due to COVID-19 government restrictions, you can either postpone your place free of charge or receive a full refund. This is in addition to our Terms & Conditions.
We are following current UK Government guidelines in delivering trail running trips. They are conducted in line with England Athletics guidelines to ensure your safety. In addition, you will need to carry with you (not wear) on all of our trips until further notice a vapour resistant face mask (we will have these for sale for £2 if you arrive without one) and personal alcohol-based hand gel as well as adhering to current social distancing guidelines.
All UK events are held in the outdoors with no requirement to be indoors at any time. All clients are asked to confirm they are exhibiting no symptoms prior to coming to a Run the Wild event, and are required to carry a vapour resistant face mask (checked on arrival), and hand gel. All participant contact details are recorded which can be shared upon request with the government’s Test and Trace initiative. All guides carry a mask and hand sanitisers, and have been briefed on COVID-19 protocols in case of an emergency situation where the administering of first aid is required. In line with England Athletics guidance, and the provision of a COVID-19 secure environment, groups will be limited to a maximum of 12 clients per run leader/coach or when relevant will reflect any changes to the guidelines. We typically operate at a much lower guide to client ratio than this limit. These precautions will enable the continued safe running of our trips, thank you.
What we ask of you, the client:
- Please do not attend any of our trips if you are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms, or if someone in your household is and requires you to self-isolate. - Ensure you carry a vapour resistant face mask and personal alcohol-based hand gel, as you run. - Please remain in your vehicle until you are asked to meet your run guide. - Adhere to current social distancing guidelines before, during and after your run, with regards to other runners, and other trails users and members of the public. - Good hygiene must be practised at all times. This includes bringing your own hand sanitiser, keeping the touching of gates to an absolute minimum, and a strict policy of no spitting while running. - Please check your local government guidelines in regards to travel, public transport and overnight accommodation.
The trails we take wind through beautiful woodland, hidden routes, grass covered ridgelines and through quaint villages. The day is fully guided and we take care of everything. Along the way you will experience our famous hospitality and enjoy a well stocked refreshment point. As with all Run the Wild events, it's a team event so you will be grouped with similar ability runners and led by one of our Run Leaders who will route find and set the pace for you. We walk anything steep and it's a good opportunity to get some trail running tips from our leaders along the way.
The event is not far from London, providing easy access by rail or road and a great way to escape and find your wild! As featured in Runner's World - Top 9 Best Running Holidays in the UK 2019. Part of the 2-day Chiltern Hills Challenge weekend.
Do it for charity
A Lead Runner for the team, with you every step of the way
Transport from end of event to start
Run the Wild tech t-shirt
30 km of amazing scenery!
Accommodation & Transport
You will need to arrange your own transport to Tring Station, but there are regular trains from London Euston which take around 40 minutes. We will provide transport back to the start at the end of the event. There are lots of accommodation options in the Tring area, please get in touch if you need more information.
We will group participants by their ability but you need to be able to be on your feet for around 5 hours per day and ideally have run close to a half marathon distance in the past. We also recommend you are able to run at least 7 km in an hour on the flat. The Lead Runner will route find and as all with our running adventures you will be expected to run as part of the team.
Uk Kit List
MANDATORY KIT LIST
Wicking top and shorts or leggings
Socks (eg: Injinji)
Trail running shoes (sufficient tread)
WEATHER DEPENDENT ITEMS:
Lightweight waterproof jacket
Sun hat / cap
Warm hat and gloves
- Fully Charged Mobile Phone including the numbers for the Lead Runners, Event Director as well as appropriate emergency services (charge before use and make sure it's in a waterproof case or bag)
- Lightweight, comfortable running pack (max 12 litres)
- Water Bottles / Bladder
- Snacks to sustain you for the planned route
- Waterproof bags / dry bags to keep stuff dry
- Whistle (normally found attached to your bag)
-Personal first aid kit (eg: blister packs, sunscreen, inhaler etc)
Please note: we will not be checking your kit on the day, but we highly recommend you bring these items for your safety.
The event will start at around 9am on the Saturday morning at Tring Station and finish on Saturday afternoon around 3pm with expected return to Tring station by 5pm (full details in your booking pack).