Exercise & Races COVID 19 - Latest
Maverick Adidas Terrex Frontier South Downs
We head to the South Downs for the fourth and final event of our new Frontier series. Whilst the routes are aimed at all levels of runners the emphasis is on taking you Mavericks to your first / fastest / funnest 50km.
With all four routes starting in Slindon Woods, you’ll be running straight out onto trails that weave through the Slindon Estate. All four routes pack a punch, with some short sharp climbs that get the legs and lungs burning. The 50km route will take you up and over Glatting Beacon and Sutton Down as well as Upwaltham and Bignor Hill, meaning you’ll clock up over 1000m of vertical ascent.
This is a beautiful route that crisscrosses the East and West Sussex border, with woodlands, farm trails and ridgeways to run along. If you haven’t run your first ultra yet... then join us for this one. You won’t regret it.
Prizes for the winners of each distance, male and female.
Fully Marked Course
On-course hydration and nutrition outpost
Food and Drink Available
Bag Drop Area
Slindon College, Top Road, Slindon, Arundel, West Sussex BN18 0RH
Slindon College is situated in the heart of West Sussex in the small village of Slindon, off the A27. Use postcode BN18 0RH for your Satnav.
- 5 miles from the historic town of Arundel
- 8 miles East of Chichester
- 10 miles West of Worthing
Nearest train station is Barnham with direct links to London Victoria.
Free Parking will be available. Look out for our parking signs when you arrive at the venue.
Gates open: 8:00am
Ultra: 09:00 - 09:30
Long: 09:35 - 10:05
Middle/Short: 10:10 - 10:40
We have 4 routes for you to choose from, with rolling chalky downs, woodlands, and big climbs. Please select carefully, the Frontier Series is not for the faint-hearted. You can expect up to 4 on-course hydration and nutrition outposts provided by Precision Hydration.
There will be cut off times, tbc. These are in place for your safety and apply to the 50km Ultra route only. If you do not get to these points in time you will have to be collected as we don’t believe you will finish the route in time. Your safety is our priority.
Distance: 50 km; Elevation Gain: +1031m
Distance: 43 km; Elevation Gain: +803m
Distance: 22 km; Elevation Gain: +317m
Distance: 12 km; Elevation Gain: +160m
You should always:
• Follow the on course signage
• Listen to on course marshals
• Take care when crossing roads
• Be considerate to others
• Please close all gates, DO NOT litter!
In our quest to make this season plastic-free, we ask that you run with a reusable cup or bottle.
• Trail shoes
• Taped waterproof jacket
• Mobile phone (in case of emergency)
• Your preferred food and hydration to last you the race - there will be outpost on course
• Foil blanket
• Map (supplied)
• Hat/buff and gloves
• Additional base layers
• A re-usable cup (we’d like to ensure our are races plastic free!)
If you are taking part in one of our events, you must adhere to the following. This is to minimise the risk to yourself, others and our crew.
1. Do not attend the event if you feel unwell or have had COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14days.
2. Always keep a minimum of 2m away from another person, whilst racing and in the event village
3. Wear your face mask when within the event village
4. Use the hand sanitiser provided before touching any of the outpost items
5. Be extra mindful of other trail users who are not part of the event
6. Allow adequate distance when passing competitors / other trail users – wait if there is not enough room to pass at a safe distance
7. Use the hand sanitiser provided straight after finishing your run Thank you for your co-operation, it is greatly appreciated!
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.