This event has taken place
Congratulations to everyone who took part. We're waiting on information about the next edition of this event.
Did you race? Let the community know how you got on and leave a review.Add a review
The Maverick Adidas Terrex X Series Exmoor
Lynton, DevonCaffyns Farm, Lynton, Devon EX35 6JW
Sat 5th June 2021
Starting at 09:00
£30.00 - £60.00
Exmoor National Park is known for its dramatic coastline and moorland, and our routes take in the very best that the area has to offer: stunning views and savage climbs will be plentiful. We are sending you along part of The South West Coast Path, which stretches from Minehead in Somerset, along the coasts of Devon and Cornwall, to Poole Harbour in Dorset. Since it rises and falls with every river mouth, it is also one of the more challenging trails. The total height climbed has been calculated to be 35,031m, almost four times the height of Mount Everest
The route starts at Caffyns Farm and heads along the coast path at Lynton. You will be met with towering cliffs and stunning sea views across to South Wales. As you continue you will become lost in the splendour. The route sweeps inland, with forested sections, waterfalls, and many other hidden gems - but we don’t want to spoil it too much for you, so come and join us! Adventure awaits.....
Ultra 57 Km
Long 42 Km
Middle 20 Km
Short 15 Km
Ultra 57 Km
Long 42 Km
Middle 20 Km
Short 15 Km
Prizes for the winners of each distance, male and female.
Fully Marked Course
On-course hydration and nutrition outpost
Food and Drink Available
Bag Drop Area
Caffyns Farm, Lynton, Devon EX35 6JW
How To Get There
Despite its apparently remote location, Caffyns Farm is just off the main A39 and is very easy to reach. Use postcode EX35 6JW for your Satnav.
The nearest station is Barnstaple - 19 miles to the start venue. Barnstaple is served by regular trains, most of which run to St James' Park, with some terminating at Exeter St Davids and Exeter Central.
Free Parking will be available. Look out for our parking signs when you arrive at the venue.
Gates open: 8:00am
Ultra: 09:00 - 09:30
Long: 09:35 - 10:05
Middle/Short: 10:10 - 10:40
We have 4 routes for you to choose from, with technical terrain and long steep climbs and descents. Please select carefully, this is a challenging route for all levels; the Frontier Series is not for the faint-hearted. You can expect up to 4 on-course hydration and nutrition outposts provided by Precision Hydration.
There will be cut off times. These are in place for your safety and apply to the 52km Ultra route only. If you do not get to these points in time you will have to be collected as we don’t believe you will finish the route in time. Your safety is our priority.
Start: 0km, 09:00; CUT-OFF TIMES TBC; Finish: 50km,19:00
Distance: 57 km; Elevation Gain: +2065m
Distance: 42 km; Elevation Gain: +1483m
Distance: 20 km; Elevation Gain: +703m
Distance: 115 km; Elevation Gain: +493m
You should always:
• Follow the on course signage
• Listen to on course marshals
• Take care when crossing roads
• Be considerate to others
• Please close all gates, DO NOT litter!
In our quest to make this season plastic-free, we ask that you run with a reusable cup or bottle.
• Trail shoes
• Taped waterproof jacket
• Mobile phone (in case of emergency)
• Your preferred food and hydration to last you the race - there will be outpost on course
• Foil blanket
• Map (supplied)
• Hat/buff and gloves
• Additional base layers
• A re-usable cup (we’d like to ensure our are races plastic free!)
Code Of Conduct
If you are taking part in one of our events, you must adhere to the following. This is to minimise the risk to yourself, others and our crew.
1. Do not attend the event if you feel unwell or have had COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14days.
2. Always keep a minimum of 2m away from another person, whilst racing and in the event village
3. Wear your face mask when within the event village
4. Use the hand sanitiser provided before touching any of the outpost items
5. Be extra mindful of other trail users who are not part of the event
6. Allow adequate distance when passing competitors / other trail users – wait if there is not enough room to pass at a safe distance
7. Use the hand sanitiser provided straight after finishing your run Thank you for your co-operation, it is greatly appreciated!
Covid Event Plan
Done this event?
First-hand event reviews from people who have been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.Add a review