This event has taken place
Congratulations to everyone who took part. We're waiting on information about the next edition of this event.
Did you race? Let the community know how you got on and leave a review.Add your review
Water & Windmill 10
Aldbury, Tring, HertfordshireMusette Cafe, Church Farm, Station Rd, Aldbury, Tring HP23 5RS
Sat 26th September 2020
Starting at 09:00
THE RUN THE WILD COVID-19 REFUND GUARANTEE:
At Run the Wild we are passionate about getting you out onto the trails. If you book directly with us on any of our trips after the 1st May 2020, and if Run the Wild have to cancel or postpone a trip due to COVID-19 government restrictions, you can either postpone your place free of charge or receive a full refund. This is in addition to our Terms & Conditions.
We are following current UK Government guidelines in delivering trail running trips. They are conducted in line with England Athletics guidelines to ensure your safety. In addition, you will need to carry with you (not wear) on all of our trips until further notice a vapour resistant face mask (we will have these for sale for £2 if you arrive without one) and personal alcohol-based hand gel as well as adhering to current social distancing guidelines.
All UK events are held in the outdoors with no requirement to be indoors at any time. All clients are asked to confirm they are exhibiting no symptoms prior to coming to a Run the Wild event, and are required to carry a vapour resistant face mask (checked on arrival), and hand gel. All participant contact details are recorded which can be shared upon request with the government’s Test and Trace initiative. All guides carry a mask and hand sanitisers, and have been briefed on COVID-19 protocols in case of an emergency situation where the administering of first aid is required. In line with England Athletics guidance, and the provision of a COVID-19 secure environment, groups will be limited to a maximum of 12 clients per run leader/coach or when relevant will reflect any changes to the guidelines. We typically operate at a much lower guide to client ratio than this limit. These precautions will enable the continued safe running of our trips, thank you.
What we ask of you, the client:
- Please do not attend any of our trips if you are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms, or if someone in your household is and requires you to self-isolate. - Ensure you carry a vapour resistant face mask and personal alcohol-based hand gel, as you run. - Please remain in your vehicle until you are asked to meet your run guide. - Adhere to current social distancing guidelines before, during and after your run, with regards to other runners, and other trails users and members of the public. - Good hygiene must be practised at all times. This includes bringing your own hand sanitiser, keeping the touching of gates to an absolute minimum, and a strict policy of no spitting while running. - Please check your local government guidelines in regards to travel, public transport and overnight accommodation.
You will be grouped by ability and we will be starting and finishing at Musette Cafe in Aldbury, which has great road and rail access. We have safe COVID-19 working practices in place which ensure social distancing, and maximum numbers are relevant to current government guidelines. Your safety and enjoyment are our priority.
Do it for charity
A Run Leader for the team, with you every step of the way!
Trail running instruction
10 miles of inspiring trails!\
Personal insurance (recommended)
Travel to / from Musette's Aldbury
Food & Drinks
Musette Cafe, Church Farm, Station Rd, Aldbury, Tring, Hertfordshire HP23 5RS
Timings & Transport
You will need to arrange your own transport to the event, which will start at 9.00am, at Musette's, Aldbury. Musette's has free parking and is walking distance from Tring Station, with direct train connections to London Euston, which take around 40 minutes and is only a short walk to the meeting point.
The event will finish by around midday (full details in your booking pack).
We will group participants by their ability but you need to be able to run 10km non-stop. It's a great event for those new to trail running, as well as veterans! The Run Leader will lead the way and you will be running in a small group matched by ability.
Mandatory Kit List
- Face mask
- Hand sanitiser
- Wicking top and shorts or leggings
- Socks (eg: Injinji)
- Trail running shoes (sufficient tread)
WEATHER DEPENDENT ITEMS:
- Lightweight waterproof jacket
- Sun hat / cap
- Warm hat and gloves
- Fully Charged Mobile Phone including the numbers for the Lead Runners, Event Director as well as appropriate emergency services (charge before use and make sure it's in a waterproof case or bag)
- Lightweight, comfortable running pack (max 12 litres)
- Water Bottles / Bladder
- Snacks to sustain you for the planned route
- Waterproof bags / dry bags to keep stuff dry
- Whistle (normally found attached to your bag)
- Personal first aid kit (eg: blister packs, sunscreen, inhaler etc)
Please note: we will not be checking your kit on the day, but we highly recommend you bring these items for your safety.