Kew Gardens 10K @ Richmond RUNFEST
10 Reasons to Run Kew Gardens 10k:
- Free entry for supporters into Kew Gardens* (rrp is £15 per person)- great family day out with the new Kids' playground!
- An amazing medal is rewarded to every finisher - this year's will be a golden heart with British Heart Foundation who are the 2019 Charity of the Year.
- Receive a quality NIKE tech souvenir t-shirt including a Banksy inspired skyline of Kew Gardens
- Extra special this year - not only will runners be running through a World Heritage site, but this year they will also be running past dazzling Chihuly glass sculptures
- London's flattest 10k - Male course record: Chris Thompson 28:58, Female course record: Jo Pavey 32:47 *see course profle below
- The only chance to run inside the beautiful World Heritage Site - Kew Gardens.
- Free beer at the end!
- We have female and male cut t-shirts
- Course entertainment!
- Poshest baggage drop (inside the Nash Conservatory) - There are only two Nash Conservatories ever built. The other one is the Queen's swimming pool in Buckingham Palace!
*Your Kew Gardens 10K entry includes two FREE adult and UNLIMITED children's tickets into Kew Gardens (before the gates close at 8:45am)
This 10k is part of the Richmond RUNFEST, London’s most exclusive event, which also includes the RUNFEST Marathon and Half Marathon. The 10k takes places completely within the Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew, a wonderfully scenic World Heritage site, and has a start which we believe to be the most beautiful of any running race in Europe! The course is not only beautiful, but flat, offering the perfect opportunity for the UK's fastest 10k!
Also kids' mile and 5K runs are available next door in the afternoon at Old Deer Park.
More InfoEvent website
Well organized. Only niggle was long bathroom lines but being a 10K, went with the hold it option.
I wasn’t shooting for a particular PB but could see it being challenging in places if I were as the paths aren’t the widest and there a number of turns.