Ultra Black Trails - A Maverick Race Powered by MOJU
Gravesend, KentHarvel Road, Gravesend, DA13 0, United Kingdom
Sat 31st July 2021
£20.80 - £38.48
Dora understands only too well how taking the first step and getting out on the trails can be enough of a challenge. But for many people, that barrier is just the first of many – with a lack of diversity and representation making participating with confidence even harder.
Ultra Black Running set out to create a safe space for black woman and non-gender conforming people to turn up – and truly own – their place at the starting line. In teaming up with Maverick and MOJU for Ultra Black Trails, we all have an opportunity to help take this mission further: providing support, training and education to empower under-represented runners to blaze new trails in the sport.
By removing as many physical, emotional and financial barriers as possible, Ultra Black Trails aims to grow a more diverse trail running scene where everyone is welcome – no matter their race, gender or PB. Together, we’re championing runners from all backgrounds to lace up and discover experiences that will push their boundaries and escape their comfort zones – all while getting out and embracing the awesome power of nature.
Whether you feel like you’re not represented on that start line, or you want to be a part of the change, we’re giving ticket holders the opportunity to support the ‘The Running Charity’ by contributing £5 or £10 – meaning your race entry can also make a space on the start line and help others get involved in the trail running scene.
So, what are you waiting for? The great outdoors awaits and it’s time to shake shot up.
Fully Signed Routes
Fully Marked Course
Food and Drink
Bag Drop Area
Gravesend, DA13 0UA
Choose your route carefully. The distance and elevation gain should give you some indication as to how easy/hard each route is, as well as showing you where the tougher climbs are.
Gates open: 8:00am
Long: 09:00-09:20 am
Middle: 09:25 - 09:40 am
Short: 09:45 - 10:00 am
Code of Conduct
If you are taking part in one of our events, you must adhere to the following. This is to minimise the risk to yourself, others and our crew.
1. Do not attend the event if you feel unwell or have had COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14days.
2. Always keep a minimum of 2m away from another person, whilst racing and in the event village
3. Wear your face mask when within the event village
4. Use the hand sanitiser provided before touching any of the outpost items
5. Be extra mindful of other trail users who are not part of the event
6. Allow adequate distance when passing competitors / other trail users – wait if there is not enough room to pass at a safe distance
7. Use the hand sanitiser provided straight after finishing your run Thank you for your co-operation, it is greatly appreciated!
See who else is doing this event
Be the first
No-one has marked this event as 'Doing' or 'Maybe' yet. Will you be the first?