This event has taken place
Congratulations to everyone who took part. We're waiting on information about the next edition of this event.
Did you race? Let the community know how you got on and leave a review.Add a review
Big Night Out
Winchester, HampshireWinchester Rugby Club, Nuns Road, Winchester, SO23 7EF, United Kingdom
Sat 12th November 2022
Starting at 19:00
£28.00 - £35.00
What we are doing for you:
- Races will be started in small waves to avoid congestion at the start. All races are chip timed so staggered starts can be achieved fairly.
- Race briefing will be online for competitors to read in the run up to the race.
- Sanitiser will be available at aid stations, the start/finish area and in the portaloos.
- Aid stations will have wrapped nutrition which can be picked up quickly. You will be required to bring your own cup/bottle to fill up at the aid stations.
- Anyone displaying symptoms will be asked not to attend.
What we ask you to do:
- If you display any of the following symptoms in the 2 weeks prior to your event, please do not attend:
High temperature/ New or continuous cough/ Loss or change in taste/smell
- Please do not turn up more than half an hour before your race start time so we don’t have competitors from multiple race distances in the start area.
- Maintain social distancing whenever possible.
- Ensure you have a cup/bottle to refill at aid stations.
- Move quickly through the aid stations or stand off to the side if respite needed.
- Sanitise hands before and after using toilets.
Nothing in life has zero risk but………..
Outdoor events such as this one in the fresh air are low risk, especially when taking practical, sensible precautions!
Venture up high above the city to Cheesefoot Head and St Catherine's Hill. 2 distances, 14Km and 15 miles with fluorescent markers showing you the way! Not sure? We have experienced run leaders at a variety of paces to suit all so you can gain confidence in a small group.
All runners will be required to have a headtorch, back up torch or spare batteries and clothing appropriate for the weather conditions. If you have night specific, highly reflective running gear then we would ask you to wear it. Remember though, this is a BIG NIGHT OUT, so we want to see glow in the dark neon, lots of colour and smiley happy adventurous faces!
Course is fully marked and marshalled with well-stocked aid stations. A bespoke medal also awaits you at the end of your Big Night Out!
Our events are very friendly and inclusive. When you book one of our races, you will always get a warm, friendly welcome and many of our runners return to try our other unique events!
🌕 Running in moonlit countryside ✅
🏃🏼♀️ 1 lap circular 14km course ✅
🏃🏼 1 lap circular 15 mile course ✅
🌌 Stargazing under moonlight ✅
⬆️ Fully marked courses ✅
🥨 Yummy well stocked aid station ✅
🏅 Large bespoke finishers medal ✅
😃 Friendly, enthusiastic volunteers ✅
👏🏼 Energetic and fun atmosphere ✅
📸 On course photographers ✅
💰 Excellent value for money ✅
😍 Satisfaction guaranteed ✅
- Bespoke medal
- Scenic trails
- Fully marked and marshalled
- Well stocked aid stations
- Free Parking
Big Night Out is our first after dark trail running event. On a fully signed course, using our bespoke fluorescent directional markers, runners leave Winchester Rugby Club under cover of darkness. With headtorches lighting the way, you’ll head along the River Itchen as you make your way out of the City of Winchester and head onto the South Downs Way. Following the SDW, the 15 mile runners will climb steadily to Cheesefoot Head, where panoramic views of the night sky will really add to the sense of adventure. Running over Fawley down towards Morestead, runners will complete a circular loop before coming back down Cheesfoot Head and heading out onto the MOD land at Deacons Hill. Here you’ll meet the 14km runners as you both join the Pilgrims Trail and make your way back towards Winchester and St Catherines Hill. Now it’s a run along the Itchen Way as you follow the river back into the the City and the finish line.
on the day
Event Briefing 6.50pm
Event Start 7pm
All runners will be required to have a headtorch, back up torch or spare batteries and clothing appropriate for the weather conditions. If you have night specific, highly reflective running gear then we would ask you to wear it. Remember though, this is a BIG NIGHT OUT, so we want to see glow in the dark neon, lots of colour and smiley happy adventurous faces.
You might like
Done this event?
First-hand event reviews from people who have been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.Add a review