Gran Fondo Scotland Autumn Classic
Starting at the Kelpies, the scenic 127km Gran Fondo takes riders out towards Stirling, before heading West where the road begins to climb around the Carron Valley Reservoir - part of our course inspired by the lakes of Italy. Riders will then take on the challenging Crow Road, with characteristics of the long, lower French Alpine slopes. On route, stop off at our feed station to refuel, before taking on the Tak-Ma-Doon climb, then afterwards, the peaceful winding roads will take you back into Falkirk, where you can finish your day with true 'Italian Panache' at our Pasta Party Celebration, a Gran Fondo favourite, at the Falkirk Stadium.
The 86km Media Fondo follows the same course as the Grand Fondo, but loops back towards Falkirk from Carron Bridge, 27km into the ride. Participants can still challenge themselves in Gran Fondo style on the 6km Strava timed climb within the route, and finish off the day with food and entertainment at the Pasta Party Celebration.
- Iconic start location.
- Well stocked feed stations along the route.
- GPS file of the event.
- Well signposted route.
- Signposted Strava timed sections.
- Digital chip timing.
- Mechanical support before and during the event.
- First aid and safety provision around the course.
- Toilet facilities at event HQ.
- Service support vehicle on course.
- Bagpiper send off.
- Print at home certificate of your finishing time.
- Print at home finish line photos.
- Food and entertainment post event at our Pasta Party.
- Choice of 2 routes.
The Kelpies, The Helix, Falkirk, Stirlingshire FK2 7ZT
The Helix Park is located around 19 miles from Edinburgh and 35 miles from Glasgow airports.
- From Edinburgh - take the M9 towards Stirling, exit at Junction 5 for Falkirk/Grangemouth and then follow the brown tourism signs to Helix Park and Kelpies
- From Glasgow - take the M80 towards Stirling, exit at Junction 8 for M876 and join M9, exit at Junction 6 for Falkirk/Grangemouth and then follow the brown tourism signs to `Helix Park and Kelpies`
- From Carlisle and the South - M74, M73, M80, M876, M9, and follow the signs for Falkirk as above.
- From Perth and the North - A9, M9 towards Edinburgh, exit at Junction 6 for Falkirk as above.
There are 2 main train stations in Falkirk that are close to The Helix: Falkirk High (3 miles) and Falkirk Grahamston ( 2 miles). There are multiple routes to these stations from all over Scotland including:
- Edinburgh to Falkirk High (25 minutes)
- Edinburgh to Falkirk Grahamston (35 minutes).
- Glasgow Queen Street to Falkirk High (20 minutes)
- Glasgow Queen Street to Falkirk Grahamston (50 minutes)
- Stirling to Falkirk Grahamston (15 minutes)
- London direct to Falkirk Grahamston (5 hours) or via Edinburgh or Glasgow
- There are also services to Polmont Station, Larbert Station and Camelon Stations which are all close by
From Falkirk High Station: Join the First Bus Number 2 for Bo'ness at Slammanan Road approx 2 minutes walk from the rail station. This bus will stop on Falkirk Road opposite Falkirk Stadium (watch out for the pink bus stop) this stop is the side entrance to the Helix Park.
For more information please visit the First Bus website or call First Bus on 01324 602200.
Helix Car Park (small 78 space car park as you enter the Park)
Kelpies Car Park (175 space car park near The Kelpies and Visitor Centre). The Kelpies Car Park is closed at 10pm each night with no egress until 8am.
Both car parks fill up early in the morning, so to avoid long delays we recommend you park at Falkirk Stadium and enjoy the walk through The Helix to The Kelpies. This car park is unavailable on match days.
Registration: The Falkirk Stadium
Registration Option A: Saturday 3:30pm - 4:30pm
Registration Option B: Sunday 07:30am - 8:00am.
Registration must be done in person as you must sign the start sheet to enable you to start and confirm that you have collected your rider number and chip - both must be attached to your bike with the cable ties provided. Rider numbers should be attached to your bike handlebars.
Start line: The Kelpies, Falkirk (1km from event parking)
Finish line: The Falkirk Stadium