Gran Fondo Scotland Autumn Classic
Looking for a challenging sportive with elements of the true Italian style Gran Fondos on quiet roads to round up your season?
We have 2 stunning route choices available with the iconic Kelpies in Falkirk as our Grand Depart in this digital chip timed event. With "Italian Panache", participants will enjoy a post ride Pasta Party inside our Pasta Party marquee with food, entertainment and music all inclusive of your entry fee.
*Gran Fondo highlights - Take in the beauty of the Carron Valley before challenging yourself on the Crow Road and Tak Ma Doon climbs.
*Medio Fondo highlights - Hugging the outskirts of the Carron Valley, take in the beautiful quiet roads on our slightly shorter, flatter route option.
Post event Pasta Party with food and entertainment.
Bagpiper send off at the Kelpies Grand Depart.
Digital chip timing system.
Feed stations on route with electrolyte drink, water, bananas, pastries and more!
Goodie bag for each participant.
Bike mechanic support.
GPX file of route.
Well signposted route.
Fundraising for Cancer Research UK option available.
- Iconic start location.
- Well stocked feed stations along the route.
- GPS file of the event.
- Well signposted route.
- Signposted Strava timed sections.
- Digital chip timing.
- Mechanical support before and during the event.
- First aid and safety provision around the course.
- Toilet facilities at event HQ.
- Service support vehicle on course.
- Bagpiper send off.
- Print at home certificate of your finishing time.
- Print at home finish line photos.
- Food and entertainment post event at our Pasta Party.
- Choice of 2 routes.
The Kelpies, The Helix, Falkirk, Stirlingshire FK2 7ZT
The Helix Park is located around 19 miles from Edinburgh and 35 miles from Glasgow airports.
- From Edinburgh - take the M9 towards Stirling, exit at Junction 5 for Falkirk/Grangemouth and then follow the brown tourism signs to Helix Park and Kelpies
- From Glasgow - take the M80 towards Stirling, exit at Junction 8 for M876 and join M9, exit at Junction 6 for Falkirk/Grangemouth and then follow the brown tourism signs to `Helix Park and Kelpies`
- From Carlisle and the South - M74, M73, M80, M876, M9, and follow the signs for Falkirk as above.
- From Perth and the North - A9, M9 towards Edinburgh, exit at Junction 6 for Falkirk as above.
There are 2 main train stations in Falkirk that are close to The Helix: Falkirk High (3 miles) and Falkirk Grahamston ( 2 miles). There are multiple routes to these stations from all over Scotland including:
- Edinburgh to Falkirk High (25 minutes)
- Edinburgh to Falkirk Grahamston (35 minutes).
- Glasgow Queen Street to Falkirk High (20 minutes)
- Glasgow Queen Street to Falkirk Grahamston (50 minutes)
- Stirling to Falkirk Grahamston (15 minutes)
- London direct to Falkirk Grahamston (5 hours) or via Edinburgh or Glasgow
- There are also services to Polmont Station, Larbert Station and Camelon Stations which are all close by
From Falkirk High Station: Join the First Bus Number 2 for Bo'ness at Slammanan Road approx 2 minutes walk from the rail station. This bus will stop on Falkirk Road opposite Falkirk Stadium (watch out for the pink bus stop) this stop is the side entrance to the Helix Park.
For more information please visit the First Bus website or call First Bus on 01324 602200.
Helix Car Park (small 78 space car park as you enter the Park)
Kelpies Car Park (175 space car park near The Kelpies and Visitor Centre). The Kelpies Car Park is closed at 10pm each night with no egress until 8am.
Both car parks fill up early in the morning, so to avoid long delays we recommend you park at Falkirk Stadium and enjoy the walk through The Helix to The Kelpies. This car park is unavailable on match days.
Registration: The Falkirk Stadium
Registration Option A: Saturday 3:30pm - 4:30pm
Registration Option B: Sunday 07:30am - 8:00am.
Registration must be done in person as you must sign the start sheet to enable you to start and confirm that you have collected your rider number and chip - both must be attached to your bike with the cable ties provided. Rider numbers should be attached to your bike handlebars.
Start line: The Kelpies, Falkirk (1km from event parking)
Finish line: The Falkirk Stadium
First-hand event reviews from people who've been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
It only takes a few seconds and every month we randomly select someone who has taken the time to write a review and send them a £50 Wiggle voucher.