This event has taken place
Congratulations to everyone who took part. We're waiting on information about the next edition of this event.
Did you race? Let the community know how you got on and leave a review.Add a review
Quay Climbing Centre, ExeterQuay Climbing Centre, Haven Road, Exeter EX2 8AX, UK
Sat 19th June 2021
Covid Safety measures
These will comply with the Governing Body Guidelines the TRA, under the auspices of England Athletics and the ARC.
- Hand sanitiser will be placed outside all toilets, as well as on a table. Paper toilet seat covers, one per person, will be used in toilets and portable loos
- Signs reminding of ‘social distancing’ will be placed around the venue.
- Seated staff will wear masks.
- We WILL NOT be holding a race briefing. Instead runners will receive an electronic briefing with a video and description of the route.
- For the start, we will be using a rolling start wave window split in to two one hour windows. This will be done alphabetically.
- This event will be signed and marshalled.
- Race chips/numbers will either sent out in the post, or ‘dipped’ in an antiseptic ‘bath’ and collected at registration.
- There will be no prize giving ceremony.
- Water and finisher’s medals will be located remote from the Finish to discourage social gathering (our biggest concern).
- Spectators will not be encouraged.
- All marshals will be given bin bags and disposable gloves. Anyone caught littering will be disqualified.
We will be signing runners back in back in when they finish their run behind the Plume of Feathers Pub . All runners will be issued with an NFC chip which will be used to sign in at the finish. They will swipe themselves in at the end and we will have a manual paperback system. We will be accounting for all of our runners with this new back-up policy. This applies to ALL runners. We will also have sweepers out on the course for all three distances.
All entrants will receive chip timing, an A3 waterproof map of the route, a poem to way mark the route, a zoom 3D overview of the course and a Youtube walkthrough."
Green Lantern ambassador and multiple Olympian Jo Pavey said: "I'm very glad to be supporting this great event, which is raising money for FORCE cancer Counselling at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital".
The Green lantern is just over half marathon distance (14.2 miles) and follows the Green Circle around Exeter in a clockwise direction, starting and finishing in Haven Road opposite the Quay Climbing Centre, Exeter EX2 8AX.
This is a lovely mix of trails, meadows, playing fields and flatlands which run alongside the Exe, through the beautiful Ludwell Valley, Hoopern Valley, Redhills and Mincing Lake Country Park.
It links the industrial heritage of the city with some of its most inspiring natural surroundings in a way that will have you looking at the city in a new light.