Mornington Chasers Regent's Park 10k - November
Regent's Park is the perfect setting for a fast, flat and traffic-free Sunday morning 10k. The slightly undulating 3 lap course starts and finishes at the Hub (nearest entrance is Monkey Gate), and passes the boating lake and the Zoo. Give the camels a wave! It is accurately measured, fully marshalled, UK Athletics licensed, and attracts runners of all abilities - beginners are most welcome.
This is race 2 of 6 in the Mornington Chasers Regent's Park 10K Series 2019/20, taking place on the first Sunday of each month from October 2019 to March 2020.
10 km£19 BOOK
All finishers will receive a medal
Prizes will be awarded to the top three runners overall and the top runner in each of the veteran categories (V40/V50/V60/V70) for both males and females
Water stations on the route at regular intervals
Water and snacks at the finish
Refreshments will be available in the Hub throughout the event.
The Hub, The Regent's Park, The Outer Circle, London NW1 4RU.
Regent's Park is highly accessible by public transport.
Tube stations closest to Regent's Park are:
- Regent's Park (Bakerloo line)
- Great Portland Street (Hammersmith & City, Circle & Metropolitan lines)
- Baker Street (Hammersmith & City, Circle, Jubilee, Metropolitan & Bakerloo lines)
- St John's Wood (Jubilee line)
- Camden Town (Northern line)
Buses that stop around the Park are:
- 2 Marylebone Station - Norwood Bus Garage
- 13 Aldwych - Golders Green
- 18 Euston - Sudbury
- 27 Chalk Farm/Morrisons - Glenthorne House
- 30 Portman St/Selfridges - Hackney Wick/Trowbridge Rd
- 74 Baker St Station - Putney Exchange
- 88 Wingate Square - Parliament Hill Fields
- 113 John Prince's St/Oxford Circus - Edgware Station
- 139 Waterloo Station/Tenison Way - Golders Green Station
- 189 Marble Arch Station - Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 274 Angel Islington - Lancaster Gate
- 453 Great Central Street - Deptford Bridge
Pay and display parking is available in Regent's Park, but places are limited.
On Sundays you can park your car without charge on Prince Albert Road NW8, just on the other side of the Regent's Canal. There are parking restrictions on the Outer Circle road from 9:00am and you cannot purchase a ticket until 9:00am.
If you are coming by car, the postcode for the Park is NW1 4NR, but this is for guidance only as the Park covers a large area.
Age Requirements: Participants must be aged 15 or over on the day of the race.
Registration: From 08:00 to 08:45.
Race Numbers: For collection at registration on the day only, numbers will not be posted. To be fastened to the front of your top using safety pins provided at registration, your number should be visible at all times. Your timing chip is attached to the back of your number and should not be removed.
Timing: Chip-timed, with a new race number/chip for each race in the series.
Route: The course consists of 3-laps on tarmac or hard gravel pathway and is suitable for runners of all abilities. Please always be vigilant of other runners, spectators, dogs, cyclists and other users of public footpaths and rights of way.
Licensing: This race will be licensed with UK Athletics and the results submitted to Run Britain within a week of the race.
Bag Drop: Whilst we recommend bringing as little as possible, you can leave your belongings with us whilst you race using the tear-off baggage strip on your race number, collecting after you finish by presenting your race number.
Toilets: There are free toilets in the Hub for use throughout the event.
Race Marshals: Marshals will be present on the course throughout the race.
Distance Markers: The route will be clearly indicated with arrows, tape and distance markers where necessary.
Water Stations: There will be water stations on the route at regular intervals at which water will be provided in recyclable plastic cups.
Changing/Showers: There are no changing rooms or showers at this event.
Results: Results will be uploaded live to our website (internet connection permitting) and, where possible/practical, timing print-outs will be available at the race. In all cases, results will be communicated to all pre-registered participants within 24 hours of the event.
Lost Property: Lost property from an event will be kept for one month. If unclaimed, or ownership cannot be determined, lost property items will be donated to charity.
Buggies/Pushchairs: This race is not suitable for runners with buggies/pushchairs.
Wheelchair Users: This race is suitable for wheelchair users. You may be asked to start at the front of the field 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time and be vigilant of other runners overtaking during the race.
Earphones/Headphones: Noise-cancelling earphones/headphones are prohibited and whilst we discourage the use of other earphones/headphones at this event, participants choosing to use them should ensure they are set to a minimum volume such that instructions from marshals or other race officials can be clearly understood. We reserve the right to disqualify participants who cannot hear instructions as a result of their use.
Event Time-Limit: Whilst there is no strict time-limit for this race, in order that we adhere to the restrictions imposed by the venue hire agreement, it may be necessary for us to begin deconstruction of the registration/finish area(s) after approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes to facilitate the removal of all equipment from the premises by the agreed time.
- When does it start? 9:00am. Please leave sufficient time to pick up your number and drop off your bag on the day.
- Where is the start? The race start and registration are at The Hub in Regent's Park, London NW1 4RU (nearest entrance is Monkey Gate). See the map.
- When will I receive my race number? We don't send numbers through the post. You should pick them up from registration on the day.
- Will there be race photos? We normally provide free photographs. Follow us on Facebook to be informed of when these are available. We do not guarantee to photograph every participant and photographs are only available subject to us finding a volunteer photographer.
- Can I enter on the day? We strongly encourage you to register in advance to avoid disappointment. On the day entries are currently priced at £25 and are subject to availability.
- Can I transfer my entry to another race in the series? Yes. Please contact us using our contact form.
- Can I get a refund? Unfortunately we can't offer refunds for circumstances that are out of our control. We can however transfer your entry to a different race in the series or another runner if we receive the request by Wednesday before the race via our contact form.
- You haven't answered my question. Who should I contact? Please contact us using our contact form.
A really well organised event, we even had pacers
Collecting my number was easy, at the start the organiser notified runners that there were wheelchair and a visually impaired runner and we all cheered for the 10km newbies, it felt very inclusive.
It was my first time running with a pacer who was great.