HEINEKEN Race to the Tower
Join us this summer and take on a double marathon located in the heart of the idyllic Cotswolds. Walk, jog or run with over 1,000 other trial enthusiasts through spectacular countryside, with your journey culminating at the magnificent Broadway Tower. Whether you choose to take on the challenge in one epic day or spread the journey over two days and stay at our renowned overnight basecamp, the choice is yours!
We take care of every detail. We look after everything so you just need to concentrate on enjoying the stunning view.
52.4 miles Double Marathon Non-Stop£124.00 BOOK
52.4 miles - Charity Place Double Marathon Non-Stop - Pledge to raise £425£39.00 BOOK
Weekender 2 days, camping, dinner and breakfast£194.00 BOOK
Weekender - Charity Place As weekender, pledge to raise £425£59.00 BOOK
Weekender excl. camping 2 days without camping, dinner or breakfast£104.00 BOOK
Day 1 only Saturday Only£64.00 BOOK
Day 1 incl. camping Saturday only, including dinner, breakfast and camping after the event£144.00 BOOK
Day 2 only Sunday Only£64.00 BOOK
Day 2 incl. camping Sunday only, including dinner, breakfast and camping before the event£144.00 BOOK
Start address – Bird in the Hand Farm, Main Road, Whiteshill, Stroud, GL6 6JR
Overnight basecamp and Day 2 start –Colgate Farm, Ham Road, Charlton Kings, Cheltenham, GL54 4EZ
Finish address – Broadway Tower: Broadway, WR12 7LB
Please note these may be subject to change for 2019.
Through quaint traditional villages and medieval burial grounds, you’ll finish at the magnificent Broadway Tower, home to one of the best views in the country.
From Gloucestershire to Worcestershire, the Cotswold Way is simply stunning. You’ll pass through some of England’s most charming stone built villages, via Winchcombe and Painswick. The yellow Jurassic, Cotswold Stone will pave the way for your challenge ahead, look out for landmarks like Hailes Abbey, Sudeley Castle before the epic finish at the foot of Broadway Tower.
Total distance – 52 miles
- Total climb – 7,476ft.
- Day 1 distance – 26 miles
- Day 1 total climb – 4,147ft.
- Day 2 distance – 26 miles
- Day 2 total climb – 3,329ft
- Training programme for runners or walkers
- Special offers on kit from our event partners and suppliers
- Advice on how to get the best out of the event
- Event team on hand answer all your questions
- On route navigational support
- On route medical support
- FREE event photos throughout the race
- Event timing
- Pit stops with toilets, food, drinks, sports nutrition (i.e gels and isotonic drinks)
- Fully signed route
- Bag transport to the finish for all participants
- Map book with information about the route, views and landmarks
- A hot meal for all participants at our halfway base camp
- 2-course evening meal
- Tented accommodation, with an inflatable mat
- Hot showers
- Medical support
- Access to basecamp bars and concessions
- Evening chill-out area
- A hearty breakfast to get you ready for the remaining 26.2 miles
- Finisher’s medal
- Professional photos from the event free to download
- Professional photos of you and your team available to purchase
Our first priority is your health and safety and we will have fully qualified medical crews at the start, basecamp, finish and every pit stop in between. They will be there mainly for serious injuries, but will also be dispensing advice on the best ways of dealing with your feet and the inevitable aches and pains that come with spending that much time on your feet.