The Big Pilgrimage
HampshireTown Quay, Southampton SO14, UK
Sun 22nd August 2021
£27.00 - £37.00
What we are doing for you:
- Races will be started in small waves to avoid congestion at the start. All races are chip timed so staggered starts can be achieved fairly.
- Race briefing will be online for competitors to read in the run up to the race.
- Sanitiser will be available at aid stations, the start/finish area and in the portaloos.
- Aid stations will have wrapped nutrition which can be picked up quickly. You will be required to bring your own cup/bottle to fill up at the aid stations.
- Anyone displaying symptoms will be asked not to attend.
What we ask you to do:
- If you display any of the following symptoms in the 2 weeks prior to your event, please do not attend:
High temperature/ New or continuous cough/ Loss or change in taste/smell
- Please do not turn up more than half an hour before your race start time so we don’t have competitors from multiple race distances in the start area.
- Maintain social distancing whenever possible.
- Ensure you have a cup/bottle to refill at aid stations.
- Move quickly through the aid stations or stand off to the side if respite needed.
- Sanitise hands before and after using toilets.
Nothing in life has zero risk but………..
Outdoor events such as this one in the fresh air are low risk, especially when taking practical, sensible precautions!
The run starts at Mayflower Park, Southampton, the point at which the Pilgrim Fathers departed to America aboard the Mayflower. Following the Solent Way across the Itchen Bridge, you travel along the shoreline to Hamble, where runners take specially scheduled pink ferries over to Warsash. From here, you continue to follow the shoreline to Hill Head Harbour before taking scenic trails northwards towards Titchfield, Wickham and beyond, finally climbing up to Portsdown Hill with beautiful views across the English Channel. The 14 mile event finishes at the beautiful St Peter's Church, Titchfield, Hamphire's oldest Church! The marathon event finishes at historic Fort Nelson atop Portsdown Hill.
On your way you will pass fabulous pilgrimage landmarks such as Netley Castle and Titchfield Abbey. Participants will collect a sticker at each one to make a collectable race number with a difference! Bespoke medal awaits you at the end.
Bespoke race medal, route fully marked and marshalled. Ferry crossing Hamble-Warsash included. Transport to the start available as an option at checkout.
- Bespoke race medal
- Ferry crossing included
- Historic pilgrimage sites visited
- Route fully marked and marshalled
- Fully stocked aid stations
Fast multi-terrain course taking in the best of the Meon Shore and surrounding countryside.
See who else is doing this event
Be the first
No-one has marked this event as 'Doing' or 'Maybe' yet. Will you be the first?