Ultra X 125 Azores
Sat 27th November 2021
Governed by Portugal, this wild and remote archipelago is characterised by dramatic landscapes, fishing villages, mountain trails, lagoons, and luscious green pastures. Due to the marine influence, the climate of the Azores is very mild for such a northern location and temperatures remain around 20°C all year round.
1. Race entry
2. Accommodation during the race (24 April)
3. Transfers from the finish line to Ponta Delgada
4. Medical staff on course and at campsite
5. Osteopathy staff on course and at campsite
6. Drinking water at checkpoints on course and hot water
for preparing food at the campsites
7. Ground assistance and full safety support
8. Digital copies of all images from event photographer
9. Individual/team rankings and ITRA points
10. Finisher’s medal
2. Accommodation before or after the race
3. Personal food, kit and equipment (see kit list below)
4. Comprehensive insurance (to cover cancellations, loss of items, injury etc)
5. Training costs
6. Spending money
7. Transport home for runners who are
disqualified or withdraw early
Participants arrive into Ponta Delgada airport on Friday and transfer to their accommodation. Race welcome and safety briefings will take place virtually and mandatory kit inspections will be conducted as spot checks throughout the weekend.
The race starts at 06:00 on Saturday morning and covers 75km of spectacular mountain trails. Before the starting gun fires, runners will deposit their race holdall which will be available when they reach camp that afternoon/evening.
The final stage of the race is 50km and starts at 08:00. Runners will again deposit their race holdall, which will be available at the finish line, where prize giving will take place. All competitors are then transferred back to Ponta Delgada.
The living accommodation consists of tents shared by between 6 and 15 competitors. All participants must provide their own roll mats and sleeping bags.
This is NOT a self-supported race. Runners only carry their daily nutrition and emergency kit. Race holdalls are transported by the organisers.
Competitors will need to provide their own food from Saturday 24th April to Sunday 25th April. Dehydrated or freeze dried food is recommended.
See who else is doing this event
Be the first
No-one has marked this event as 'Doing' or 'Maybe' yet. Will you be the first?