Ultra X Jordan
Sat 01st October 2022 - Sat 08th October 2022
Wadi Rum’s nickname is “The Valley of the Moon” and participants will quickly see why. Its landscape, characterised by unique towering rock formations, is truly mind-blowing, as is the challenge. As locations go, this place is unrivalled in its beauty.
1. Race entry
2. Accommodation during the race (2-7 October)
3. Transfers between Amman and Wadi Rum Desert
4. Fully marked course
5. Medical staff on course and at all campsites
6. Osteopathy staff on course and at all campsites
7. Drinking water at checkpoints on course and hot water for preparing food at all campsites
8. Celebratory meal and local entertainment on the final night of the race
9. Ground assistance and full safety support
10. Digital copies of all images from event photographer
11. UTMB® World Series Qualifier race (100M category)
12. Finisher’s medal
2. Accommodation before or after the race (accommodation at the race hotel can be purchased as an add-on at checkout)
3. Personal food, kit and equipment (see kit list below)
4. Comprehensive insurance (to cover cancellations, loss of items, injury etc)
5. Training costs
6. Spending money
7. Transport home for runners who are disqualified or withdraw early
Competitors should arrive in Amman on or before Saturday 1st October, where they will transfer to their accommodation in the city. Those that wish to stay in the race hotel will have the option to book this when registering.
Race welcome, safety briefings, and mandatory kit checks will take place at the race hotel near Queen Alia International Airport at 09:00. All competitors are then transferred to Wadi Rum desert and the first campsite, where the race will start the following morning.
On Friday evening after the race, the organisers host a big BBQ around the campfire for the last night in the desert, where the prize giving and awards ceremony also takes place.
On Saturday morning, all competitors are transferred to the lost city of Petra, which they can explore for a few hours before being transferred back to Amman. For those with Saturday evening flights, we will arrive in Amman at approximately 18:00.
All good things must come to an end! Participants are free to transfer to the airport on Sunday for return flights, or to begin their well deserved holiday. For those staying in country, we suggest booking with a local tour company – please get in touch for recommendations.
All finishers will receive a race medal. Different medal ribbons will be awarded based upon the finishing times outlined below.
As part of our Sustainability Policy, the Green Ribbon will be awarded to the competitor that displays the highest commitment to reducing their environmental impact both in preparation for and during the race (as determined by the organisers).
- Black Ribbon - under 27hrs
- White Ribbon - under 30hrs
- Blue Ribbon - over 30hrs
- Green Ribbon - Environmental award
The living accommodation consists of bivouacs shared by between six and 15 competitors.
All participants must provide their own roll mats and sleeping bags.
This is NOT a self-supported race. Runners only carry their daily nutrition and emergency kit.
Race holdalls are transported between campsites.
Competitors will need to provide their own food from Sunday 2nd October to Saturday 8th October. Dehydrated or freeze dried food is recommended.
Done this event?
First-hand event reviews from people who have been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.Add a review
See who else is doing this event
Be the first
No-one has marked this event as 'Doing' or 'Maybe' yet. Will you be the first?