Exercise & Races COVID 19 - Latest
Ultra X Jordan
Ultra X Jordan (previously the Wadi Rum Ultra) is a 250km five day ultramarathon that takes place in the land of Lawrence of Arabia. The mystical desert course takes competitors past historic sites, into dramatic wadis and over magnificent sand dunes.
Wadi Rum’s nickname is “The Valley of the Moon” and participants will quickly see why. Its landscape, characterised by unique towering rock formations, is truly mind-blowing, as is the challenge. As locations go, this place is unrivalled in its beauty.
Ultra X Jordan from:£876 BOOK
1. Race entry
2. Accommodation during the race (3-8 October)
3. Transfers between Amman and Wadi Rum desert
4. Medical staff on course and at all campsites
5. Osteopathy staff on course and at all campsites
6. Drinking water at checkpoints on course and hot water
for preparing food at all campsites
7. Celebratory meal and local entertainment on the final night of the race
8. Ground assistance and full safety support
9. Digital copies of all images from event photographer
10. Individual/team rankings and ITRA points
11. Finisher’s medal
2. Accommodation before or after the race (accommodation at the race hotel can be purchased as an add-on at checkout)
3. Personal food, kit and equipment (see kit list below)
4. Comprehensive insurance (to cover cancellations, loss of items, injury etc)
5. Training costs
6. Spending money
7. Transport home for runners who are disqualified or withdraw early
Competitors should arrive in Amman on or before Saturday 2 October, where they will transfer to their accommodation in the city. Those that wish to stay in the race hotel will have the option to book this when registering.
Race welcome, safety briefings, and mandatory kit checks will take place at the race hotel near Queen Alia International Airport at 09:00. All competitors are then transferred to Wadi Rum desert and the first campsite, where the race will start the following morning.
On Friday evening after the race, the organisers host a big BBQ around the campfire for the last night in the desert, where the prize giving and awards ceremony also takes place.
On Saturday morning, all competitors are transferred to the lost city of Petra, which they can explore for a few hours before being transferred back to Amman. For those with Saturday evening flights, we will arrive in Amman at approximately 18:00.
All good things must come to an end! Participants are free to transfer to the airport on Sunday for return flights, or to begin their well deserved holiday. For those staying in country, we suggest booking with a local tour company – please get in touch for recommendations.
The living accommodation consists of tents shared by between 6 and 15 competitors. All participants must provide their own roll mats and sleeping bags.
This is NOT a self-supported race. Runners only carry their daily nutrition and emergency kit. Race holdalls are transported between campsites.
Competitors will need to provide their own food from Sunday 3rd October to Saturday 9th October. Dehydrated or freeze dried food is recommended.
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.