Exercise & Races COVID 19 - Latest
Ventoux & Provence Weekender
Cycling holidays made easy - Sportive Breaks takes you to the best climbs, routes and rides in Europe without the hassle. Join our team of expert guides, mechanics and local hosts and discover some of the best riding on the planet!
Our packages include return airport transfers, half board accommodation, and rides each day. 4 night trips available in May, June and September.
Provence in late Spring or early Autumn is about as good as it gets - warm but not too hot, miles and miles of tarmac without a car in sight, and some glorious rolling terrain. Most people come to these parts for one reason, to ride the mighty Mont Ventoux. While this is one of the World's great climbs, most riders leave, remembering the amazing back lanes and smaller climbs, as much as the Ventoux.
This 4 night trip is ridden at a more relaxed pace - we aim to ride 100km per day and be out for around 5 hours. That leaves plenty of time for a game of boules in the evening, exploring the local markets, and carb loading at one of Bedoin's patisseries.
4 night breaks from£699 BOOK
Our Ventoux & Provence weekender - four nights Wednesday to Sunday - includes three main rides, taking in the best routes this amazing region has to offer, all suitable for anyone that rides at 14-15mph. We ride together on the flat and rolling terrain, and then at our own pace on the climbs, regrouping with a coffee at the summit. Our support team includes a road leader and mechanic in a support car so you can focus just on the amazing riding.
1. Luberon Explorer - 100km, 1200m of climbing. Ride one sees us head South out of Bedoin and into the amazing Luberon. This stunning valley is full of rolling terrain, pretty hilltop villages, and beautiful views. An unforgettable day in the saddle.
2. Gorges de la Nesque - 102km, 1800m of climbing. We ride one of the World's best one day rides - a journey round the base of Ventoux over rolling terrain, culminating in the beautiful Gorges de la Nesque.
3. Ventoux day - 77km, 2182m of climbing, or the Cingles 136km, 4659m. We ride the Ventoux, one of the World's most famous climbs. Ride the classic side from Bedoin, into the lunar landscape and past the Tommy Simpson memorial. There's a short warm up before the 20.9k ascent from Bedoin, descending for lunch in Sault before rolling home.
4. Coffee spin - 40km, 500m of climbing. An optional spin for anyone wanting a last blast before flying home.
If anyone wants to try climbing all three sides of the Ventoux in a day, and joining the Cingles club, we offer that too.
Included in your booking
- 4 nights accommodation in Bedoin
- All breakfast & dinners
- Return transfers from Marseille
- Daily guided rides with support vehicle & ride nutrition
Not included in your booking
- Travel insurance
- Drinks & lunches
Airport collections are from Marseille (MRS) and the drive to Bedoin takes just over an hour. Flight times not match? Get in touch and we can arrange another transfer time,
We will meet you in arrivals and give you a number to call if you are delayed. Arrive before 4.15pm for transfer at 4.45pm
We leave Bedoin at 12.30pm with plenty of time for you to check your bike, grab a last minute gift and have a stress free return flight. Depart after 4.30pm (transfer arrives at Marseille at 2pm)
- 5 days / 4 nights in Provence
- Dates available: Wed to Sun from May, June, Sept
- Total distance: Avg 95km per day
- Total elevation: Avg 1,250m per day
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.