Gato Sports Summer 10K - Race 2
Nr. Coventry, Warwickshire, Ryton Rd, Ryton-on-Dunsmore, Coventry, CV8 3BHPools Country Park, Ryton-on-Dunsmore, Coventry CV8 3BG, UK
Thu 30th June 2022
Starting at 19:00
For our events to be a success we need to take every step possible to ensure the transmission of Covid is as minimal as possible. Being an outdoor event helps but this is a different situation to you running alone in a park. These tweaks and adjustments may slow you down and may make the experience different to what you would like and expect. We make no apologies for this. If events are going to happen we have a collective responsibility to look after each other before during and after the event.
Please read these instructions in detail. It is new to all involved so you will need to read it regardless of how experienced you are. Don’t be “that” idiot…!
Before the event
- If you are experiencing Covid Symptoms do not travel to the event. If you are a volunteer do not travel to the event and let us know.
- Your bib will be posted to you (if you entered more than 2 weeks before race day) there will be no registration in the traditional sense. If you have moved since you entered please update your information by logging in at bigbearevents.net
- The pre-race briefing will be emailed and on youtube at least 48 hours before the event.
- Please limit any spectators.
- Please arrive during the time window you’ve been given before the event. Follow any on-site instructions with regard using the toilets, cafe etc.
- Hand sanitise before entering our HQ section.
- Please leave all your possession in your car. There will be no drop bag facility.
- As above, the race briefing will be online 48 hours before the event, there will be no on the night briefing.
- There will not be a mass start. There will be time trial starts spaced 15s apart. The start will be open from 18:45-19:00. As people arrive and are ready to run we will start them off, with a 15s gap. This is to prevent crowding and help maintain social distancing. Social distancing is essential, so you cannot start with your 5 friends. If you want to buddy up then make sure your buddy starts in front or behind you, 15s isn’t a huge time gap after all!
- There will be toilets at HQ, please follow on-site directions and limitations.
- If you have arrived and you are ready to run please congregate away from the start line. We’ll call runners over to the start line (it’ll be a tiny walk) to limit bunching and crowding
During the race
- Maintain social distancing throughout the event. This means a minimum of 2m between you and other runners or members of the public (if they’re in the dark woods!). Where this isn’t possible run single file or if there are real pinch points give way to other users (or the faster runner) and turn your back to limit airborne transmission.
- We will have a water table with water and electrolyte. These will be in compostable cups and we ask you to take one cup and move away only touching your one cup.
- You shouldn’t interact with any but limit touching of gates, styles, forest furniture etc. as you run.
- High fives and sweaty hugs from us and our volunteers are out (unless they’re your actual family)
- The medals will be on a table for you to pick up. We wish we could place each medal round your neck but we can’t. Please move away from the immediate finish area as soon as you can. There is loads of open space so if you’re waiting for others please do so there.
- Unfortunately due to our decreased numbers the café will not be staying open for us (can’t blame them really!). However we will have free hot drinks available. If you have a flask bring it otherwise we will pour hot water in to a biodegradable cup for you.
The roadmap out of lockdown has been released by the government and there is light at the end of the tunnel! Without wishing to be a complete downer on the situation thought we aren’t out of the “cancellation woods” yet. I am still waiting to see what UK Athletics has agreed with Department for Culture, Media and Sport with regards a return to events. Although I don’t permit my events through UKA or the TRA anymore it would be irresponsible (and potentially illegal) to put events on that contradict their agreement. Grassroots sports is allowed to return form March 28th with agreement from the National Governing Body. Hopefully they’ll get the message out to us all soon and I can be more confident events will happen and I’ll know what restrictions will be in place.
On a similar note just because government and UKA say events can happen doesn’t mean they will! The final piece of the puzzle is landowner permission. I’m in conversation with all of the landowners of upcoming events to ensure they haven’t local restrictions on events. More specifically Forestry England, Warwickshire and Northamptonshire County Councils will all have their own plans for events. I need to work within these plans.
So in summary, summer and autumn look nailed on to be back to events without issue but I’m optimistically cautious when it comes to spring. I’ll obviously fight for events to be on but these are relationships I want to keep and build on for many years so throwing a hissy fit if they say no won’t get any of us very far!! As always I’ll try and keep everyone updated as we move through and any cancellations will be able to to transfer to an event without an issue.
It’s a better message though!
Ground conditions will be firm as the route is on a crushed stone pathway. The route is fully marked and essentially a 2 lap course. Ryton Pools isn't flat but calling it hilly would be quite a stretch too!
Gato Sports Summer 10k - Race 2
Thu 30th June 2022CLOSED
Gato Sports Summer 10k - Race 2
Thu 30th June 2022CLOSED
Done this event?
First-hand event reviews from people who have been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.Add a review
See who else is doing this event
Be the first
No-one has marked this event as 'Doing' or 'Maybe' yet. Will you be the first?