This event has taken place
Congratulations to everyone who took part. We're waiting on information about the next edition of this event.
Did you race? Let the community know how you got on and leave a review.Add a review
Maverick Adidas Terrex Frontier Ox Drove
Salisbury, WiltshireSalisbury Racecourse, Netherhampton, Salisbury Wiltshire, SP2 8PN
Sat 2nd October 2021
Starting at 09:00
£30.00 - £60.00
The is a new area for a Maverick race in 2021, taking you on a whole new adventure. With its diverse landscape offering areas of rolling chalk grassland, ancient woodlands, chalky escarpments and river valleys, there are plenty of epic trails to keep a seasoned Maverick or first-time trail runner happy.
Whichever of our four routes you choose - 52k, 41k, 22k, 13k - you will be sure to experience undulating terrain which will challenge you whoever you are and whatever your prior experience. Whilst you may have to power hike up some of the hills, you will have more time to take in the surrounding scenery. We encourage you to stop and catch your breath as you look out across Cranborne Chase and the surrounding countryside, with views stretching over Wiltshire, Hampshire and Dorset.
Ultra 52 Km
Long 41 Km
Middle 22 Km
Short 13 Km
Ultra 52 Km
Long 41 Km
Middle 22 Km
Short 13 Km
Prizes for the winners of each distance, male and female.
Fully Marked Course
On-course hydration and nutrition outpost
Food and Drink Available
Bag Drop Area
Salisbury Racecourse, Netherhampton, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP2 8PN
How To Get There
From London take M3 towards Southampton. At Junction 8 exit onto A303 Andover/Salisbury. Proceed down A303 and go straight over Countess Roundabout (Amesbury). At roundabout after Stonehenge take 1st Exit onto A360 towards Salisbury/Wilton/Woodford. After approx 5 miles, turn right (signed Wilton/Park and Ride). At Wilton roundabout/A30, take 1st exit onto Salisbury Road/A36. Follow Brown Tourism signs to racecourse.
From Southampton take the A36 northbound and follow the brown tourism signs as you approach Salisbury.
From the West come off the A303 at Deptford and take the A36 southbound towards Wilton and Salisbury, and then follow the brown tourism signs.
Postcode for Sat Nav: SP2 8PN.
Salisbury railway station is on several major routes and can be reached from the following:
- London Waterloo – about 1 hr 30 mins
- Basingstoke – about 40 mins
- Southampton Central – about 35 mins
- Portsmouth Harbour – about 1 hr 30 mins
- Bristol Temple Meads – about 1 hr 10 mins
- Yeovil Junction – about 50 mins
The railway station is about 4 miles away from the racecourse and ataxi journey takes about 15 minutes.
Free Parking will be available. Look out for our parking signs when you arrive at the venue.
Gates open: 8:00am
Ultra: 09:00 - 09:30
Long: 09:35 - 10:05
Middle/Short: 10:10 - 10:40
We have 4 routes for you to choose from, with wide open chalky, trails with stunning views across the Cranborne Chase. Please select carefully, the Frontier Series is not for the faint-hearted. You can expect up to 4 on-course hydration and nutrition outposts provided by Precision Hydration.
There will be cut off times, tbc. These are in place for your safety and apply to the 52km Ultra route only. If you do not get to these points in time you will have to be collected as we don’t believe you will finish the route in time. Your safety is our priority.
Distance: 54 km; Elevation Gain: +590m
Distance: 46 km; Elevation Gain: +475m
Distance: 24 km; Elevation Gain: +236m
Distance: 12 km; Elevation Gain: +128m
You should always:
• Follow the on course signage
• Listen to on course marshals
• Take care when crossing roads
• Be considerate to others
• Please close all gates, DO NOT litter!
In our quest to make this season plastic-free, we ask that you run with a reusable cup or bottle.
• Trail shoes
• Taped waterproof jacket
• Mobile phone (in case of emergency)
• Your preferred food and hydration to last you the race - there will be outpost on course
• Foil blanket
• Map (supplied)
• Hat/buff and gloves
• Additional base layers
• A re-usable cup (we’d like to ensure our are races plastic free!)
Code Of Conduct
If you are taking part in one of our events, you must adhere to the following. This is to minimise the risk to yourself, others and our crew.
1. Do not attend the event if you feel unwell or have had COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14days.
2. Always keep a minimum of 2m away from another person, whilst racing and in the event village
3. Wear your face mask when within the event village
4. Use the hand sanitiser provided before touching any of the outpost items
5. Be extra mindful of other trail users who are not part of the event
6. Allow adequate distance when passing competitors / other trail users – wait if there is not enough room to pass at a safe distance
7. Use the hand sanitiser provided straight after finishing your run Thank you for your co-operation, it is greatly appreciated!
Covid Event Plan
Done this event?
First-hand event reviews from people who have been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.Add a review