This event has taken place
Congratulations to everyone who took part. We're waiting on information about the next edition of this event.
Did you race? Let the community know how you got on and leave a review.Add a review
The East Peckham 10k
East Peckham, KentEast Peckham Playing Fields, Pippin Road, East Peckham, Kent, TN12 5BT
Sun 01st August 2021
Starting at 10:00
Please note the following changes for the event and please read the codes of conduct below.
1. The first change you will notice is the start time. Rather than a single start time for all runners, we are operating a pre-booking system with start times available in 3-minute slots. People will be allocated a place on the start line according to their anticipated finish time, with the fastest runner lining up on the front of the start line.
2. Please arrive ready to run. There are no changing facilities and no facilities for left baggage – this is in line with UKA Guidelines.
3. A sterile area will be in force around the start line with strictly no access to anybody other than participants and race officials. Once you enter this area you will not be able to leave until your race begins. NO SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED WITHIN THIS STERILE AREA.
4. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, water, in sealed bottles, will be available at the finish and you will be required to collect it yourself from an unmanned water table – hand sanitiser and gloves will be available for you to use. There will not be a water station on the course. Please dispose of the bottles and other litter in the bins provided.
5. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, no results, race prizes or awards will be available on the day. Results will be uploaded immediately to our website and emailed to participants. Race and age group winners will receive a trophy in the post after the event. Medals will be available to be collected at the event.
6. There will be toilet facilities at the start / finish area and these will be sanitised regularly. Please play your part by washing your hands thoroughly and using hand sanitiser before and after use.
7. Hand sanitiser will be available – please use it regularly.
8. You must maintain social distancing at all times – before, during and after the race. When overtaking another runner please be mindful of the space available.
9. Spectators are not encouraged to attend – but if they must do so, they should not congregate around the race start or finish areas.
10. Once you finish your race please continue to walk through the finish funnel and return direct to your vehicle – do not wait for friends or family.
11. Please read the Participants and Spectators Code of Conduct - Please observe the ‘Rule of 6’ and do not gather in large groups to discuss the race or take team photos.
The race is perfect for runners of all abilities, from those looking to complete their first 10k to seasoned club athletes.
Do it for charity
All race finishers will receive a bespoke medal on completion of the race.
There are prizes for the leading men and women, plus leading vet categories and teams (three to score).
There is ample free parking on the playing fields. We recommend that you car share where possible.
Toilets adjacent to the start line and registration area
Baggage drop off at the start line will be open from 8.00 am
A single water station will be located around half way on the route. A water station will also be located at the start/finish. If the weather is particularly warm, we will look at adding a second water station on the route
St John Ambulance or an alternative medical provider will be in attendance on the day
Location & How To Get There
East Peckham Playing Fields, Pippin Road, East Peckham, Kent, TN12 5BT
The Playing Fields can be reached by using TN12 5BT on your Sat Nav.
The East Peckham Parish Council website here has information on how to find the Playing Fields.
By Public Transport
Please visit this link for more information and public transport options.
This is a single lap course.
The race takes place on the outskirts of East Peckham village and uses quiet country lanes. The course is primarily flat with no noticeable hills. The start will be on the Playing Fields. Although the race is on quiet lanes, it is not traffic free and you should be aware of the likelihood of some traffic. The course will have been inspected for hazards prior to the race but runners are asked to exercise the usual caution when running.
The race carries a certificate of course accuracy and is classed as flat. .
The surface is all tarmac and so your favourite running shoes will be just fine.
Registration: The registration desk will be open from 8.00am and will be located close to the start line and will be clearly signposted.
Water and Aid Stations: Although we will ensure our water stations are well supplied, athletes are encouraged to bring their own nutrition and carry their own water bottles. We are happy to refill water bottles for you.
Changing and Shower Facilities: There are no changing rooms or showers at this event.
Prize giving and presentation: This will be approximately 45 minutes after the first finisher is home.
Race Licence: This event is fully licenced by UK Athletics and held under their rules.
Age Limits: The race is suitable for experienced runners and beginners alike. The minimum age on race day is 15 years of age.
Race Number Information: Race numbers for the event will be available to collect on the day from the registration desk located at Race HQ. No ID is required but please arrive in plenty of time so that the race can start promptly.
Headphones: As the event is run under UK Athletics rules and takes place on open roads, headphones are not permitted.
As you cross the finish line please make sure you cross over the Chip Timing mat which will automatically record your official time against your race number.
Any runners wearing a bum bag around the course must be careful not to apply pressure to the timing chip on the reverse of your race number. This can cause a problem with the signals from the chip and may affect your race time. This also applies when starting/stopping your watch as you cross the line – please wait until you have crossed the mats before activating or deactivating your watch.
Signal Permitting- Live results will be available on www.nice-work.org.uk during the event and a full set will be posted online shortly after the event has finished. All athletes who provide us with a legible email address will also be emailed the final results on the next working day following the event. If you are missing from the results or need to report an issue, please email us at email@example.com.
Done this event?
First-hand event reviews from people who have been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.Add a review