The Hawkhurst 10k & 5k
Join Nice Work for this new Kent race! Originally scheduled to take place in 2020, the Hawkhurst 10k & 5k is set to prove a popular addition to the race calendar.
Both races use an undulating multi-terrain route along the picturesque trails and footpaths surrounding Hawkhurst. 10k runners will complete two laps and 5k runners a single loop. This UK Athletics licenced event is open to runners of all abilities.
For younger runners, there will be a free 1k run around the Moor, open to children and families - if you have children taking part you’ll be able to watch them before starting your 10k or 5k. We will also be offering an option to walk the 5k route.
Please note the following changes for the event and please read the codes of conduct below.
1. The first change you will notice is the start time. Rather than a single start time for all runners, we are operating a pre-booking system with start times available in 3-minute slots. People will be allocated a place on the start line according to their anticipated finish time, with the fastest runner lining up on the front of the start line.
2. Please arrive ready to run. There are no changing facilities and no facilities for left baggage – this is in line with UKA Guidelines.
3. A sterile area will be in force around the start line with strictly no access to anybody other than participants and race officials. Once you enter this area you will not be able to leave until your race begins. NO SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED WITHIN THIS STERILE AREA.
4. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, water, in sealed bottles, will be available at the finish and you will be required to collect it yourself from an unmanned water table – hand sanitiser and gloves will be available for you to use. There will not be a water station on the course. Please dispose of the bottles and other litter in the bins provided.
5. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, no results, race prizes or awards will be available on the day. Results will be uploaded immediately to our website and emailed to participants. Race and age group winners will receive a trophy in the post after the event. Medals will be available to be collected at the event.
6. There will be toilet facilities at the start / finish area and these will be sanitised regularly. Please play your part by washing your hands thoroughly and using hand sanitiser before and after use.
7. Hand sanitiser will be available – please use it regularly.
8. You must maintain social distancing at all times – before, during and after the race. When overtaking another runner please be mindful of the space available.
9. Spectators are not encouraged to attend – but if they must do so, they should not congregate around the race start or finish areas.
10. Once you finish your race please continue to walk through the finish funnel and return direct to your vehicle – do not wait for friends or family.
11. Please read the Participants and Spectators Code of Conduct - Please observe the ‘Rule of 6’ and do not gather in large groups to discuss the race or take team photos.
High quality bespoke medal
Prizes for winners and age category winners in the 10k
Prizes for leading runners in the 5k
Plus, of course, the support of our friendly, supportive Nice Work team to cheer you round the course.
The Moor, Hawkhurst, Kent, TN18 4NX
Hawkhurst is on the A229, which links it to the M20 in the North, or the A21, linking it to Hastings in the South.
Arriva Kent and Sussex runs services between Hawkhurst and other Kent and Sussex towns and villages. For more details visit www.traveline.org.uk
The nearest train station is Robertsbridge, 5 miles away. Alternatively Wadhurst and Battle are both about 9 miles away. The stations are on the Hastings to London line. For further information call 08457 48 49 50 or visit www.nationalrail.org.uk
The course is an undulating and picturesque route around the fields, trails and roads surrounding Hawkhurst. There will be sections through orchards and footpaths as well as sections on road. Depending on conditions road shoes will be fine for the event.
The 10k runners will complete two large laps and 5k runners will complete two smaller laps.
Baggage Drop Off
St John Ambulance will be in attendance on the day
The course will be marshalled to provide assistance.
There will also be a sweep marshal following the race to ensure that nobody is left behind and that all runners are accounted for.
Your individual time and position will be recorded by your electronic chip. Results should be available on our website www.nice-work.org.uk as soon as you cross the finish line. Provisional results will be published as soon as possible after the race has finished and final results will be published as soon as is practical on the day after the race.
All entrants that have supplied a valid and legible email address will receive a copy of the results by email as soon as possible on the first working day after the race.
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.