Exercise & Races COVID 19 - Latest
The Maverick Exposure Lights Dark Surrey
Welcome to the Maverick USE Exposure Lights Dark Series. If you enjoy trail running in the daylight then you are in for a real treat running in the dark! It's an amazing experience: your senses are heightened; you immerse yourself deep into the surroundings; with your head torch on, the trails streak past you at warp speed, you concentrate on making that perfect foot placement so as not to take a tumble.
We return to the Surrey Hills, starting from the magnificent Denbies Wine Estate on the North Downs, with glorious views across the rolling Hills and acres of countryside. The routes are intended to test you. We don’t plot routes to make them easy, we want you to become a Maverick and challenge yourself. With 3 to choose from - 6k, 11k, 22k - there’s something for everyone, and we’re sure you’ll have an epic night trail run out here with the Mavericks. And remember – The Darkness Awaits...
5 km, 11 km, 22 km
More InfoEvent website
Prizes for the winners of each distance, male and female.
Fully Marked Course
On-course hydration and nutrition outpost
Food and Drink Available
Bag Drop Area
Denbies Wine Estate, London Road, Dorking Surrey RH5 6AA
- From M25 exit at Junction 9 then follow A24 South towards Dorking. At Denbies roundabout take the third exit onto Bradley Lane and follow road up to Denbies main building. (10 minutes from J9).
- From A24 North bound at Denbies roundabout take first exit onto Bradley Lane and follow road up to Denbies main building.
- From London follow A3 and exit for Dorking onto A24. (45 minutes from London).
- Trains to and from London throughout the day (15 minutes’ walk from Dorking Station to Denbies).
- Direct from London Waterloo (50 minutes).
- Direct from London Victoria (60 minutes)
- Direct from Gatwick Airport (Dorking Deepdene – 22 minutes)
- Service 465 serving Kingston – Leatherhead – Dorking, every 30 minutes, 7 days a week.
- Service 21 serving Epsom – Leatherhead – Dorking – Charlwood – Crawley, every two hours, Monday to Saturday.
For timetable information or help planning a journey please visit Surrey County Council’s website .
Free Parking will be available
Gates open: 15:30
Long: 16:30 - 17:00
Middle: 17:05 - 17:35
Short: 17:40 - 18:10
Hilly, with some technical trails, well suited to all levels of runner
Long Route - Distance: 22 km; Elevation Gain: +484 m
Middle Route - Distance: 11 km; Elevation Gain: +219 m
Short Route - Distance: 6 km; Elevation Gain: +135 m
You should always:
• Follow the on course signage
• Listen to on course marshals
• Take care when crossing roads
• Be considerate to others
• Please close all gates, DO NOT litter!
In our quest to make this season plastic-free, we ask that you run with a reusable cup or bottle.
Try to pack:
• Head Torch (you MUST have a head torch or you will not be able to run)
• Trail shoes
• Rain jacket
• Mobile phone (in case of emergency)
• Enough food and drink to last you the race - there will be hydration outposts on course
• A re-usable cup (we’d like to ensure our are races plastic free!)
If you are taking part in one of our events, you must adhere to the following. This is to minimise the risk to yourself, others and our crew.
1. Do not attend the event if you feel unwell or have had COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14days.
2. Always keep a minimum of 2m away from another person, whilst racing and in the event village
3. Wear your face mask when within the event village
4. Use the hand sanitiser provided before touching any of the outpost items
5. Be extra mindful of other trail users who are not part of the event
6. Allow adequate distance when passing competitors / other trail users – wait if there is not enough room to pass at a safe distance
7. Use the hand sanitiser provided straight after finishing your run Thank you for your co-operation, it is greatly appreciated!
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.