This event has taken place
Congratulations to everyone who took part. We're waiting on information about the next edition of this event.
Did you race? Let the community know how you got on and leave a review.Add a review
Want to see all previous and future editions of this event, find them below.
Wright Hassall Regency 10k
Leamington Spa, WarwickshireLeamington Spa, England, United Kingdom
Sun 19th September 2021
£18.00 - £22.00
In the unlikely event that the 2021 race has to be cancelled because of Covid-19 you will be eligible to receive a full refund of your 2021 entry
Join runners from all walks of life to traverse through the town and surrounding parks, showcasing all the best the Royal Leamington Spa has to offer. The course will be run primarily on closed roads and well-groomed bridle paths, making it a safe and fast course if you're gunning for that new PB.
The race will start in Newbold Terrace East, through the picturesque Victoria Park and Jephson Gardens before hitting the home straight at Mill Gardens, crossing the finish line to the thundering cheers from the large crowd of spectators.
Affiliated Running Club Entry
Affiliated Running Club Entry
Do it for charity
- Chip-timed results
- Finisher's medal
- Finisher's t-shirt
- Goodie bag
- Cash prizes for Top 3 M/F - £100, £50 & £25
The course is a combination of paved surface and bridleways. All the road sections of the course are closed to traffic, making this both a safe and quick course to get around.
* The course starts just off Newbold Terrace East, head East joining this road proper before turning left in to Fernhill Drive, turn right and keep right (poor surface) at the end to join the golf course.
* The course now follows a loop anti-clockwise round the golf course, this is generally a good surface and shouldn’t give you any problems. The course heads generally uphill between kilometres 3 and 4, with some sections steeper than others.
* After a completing a lap, there is a small overlap on the golf course before looping back to come past Newbold Comyn Leisure Centre and re-join Newbold Terrace East.
* Continue down Newbold Terrace East, Newbold Terrace, followed by Dormer Place.
* Adelaide Road is open to traffic, so the route uses the underpass next to the river to get under Adelaide Road.
* Complete a clockwise lap of the Gardens. The route uses the same underpass next to the river to re-cross Adelaide road, but this time continue along the riverside path.
* Cross the river via a footbridge and turn right to run past the pump rooms and in to Jephson gardens.
* Run almost directly through Jephson gardens, turn right along Willes road, the finish is in the field just the other side of the river.
Is there baggage storage?
Simply tear off the numbered strip from your runner’s number and attach to your bag. Then hand in to the Baggage Storage, situated at the finish area in Mill Gardens. Un-tagged bags will not be accepted.
Can I give someone else my number/ chip?
This is forbidden as it affects our timing systems and runner’s results/positions. Anyone caught doing so, will be excluded from this and future races and void any claims to trophies and prize money. For questions about this, please see here.
Where are the nearest facilities?
Temporary toilet cubicles and urinals will be adjacent to the start area
Can I wear headphones?
Due to health and safety concerns the wearing of headphones during the race is not allowed.
Can I run with my dog?
In line with UK Athletics Rules (Rule 240) which govern this event: “Runners must not be accompanied by a personally owned or controlled dog in the race.” NOTE: Entries may be accepted from runners with medical assistance dogs, subject to them being correctly registered and identifiable as such; and subject to approval by the Race Director.
Partially sighted / blind runners
We would like this to be an inclusive event and are happy to offer free entry for runner guides. Please see the Contact Us page and get in touch, so we can help with arrangements.
On the Day
08:00 – Runners start to gather at Newbold Terrace East in Royal Leamington Spa
08:45 – Warm-up comments – line up at the start adjacent to the sign displaying your estimated finish time
09:00 – Race Starts
09.35 – First runners start to arrive at finish line – medals presented as runners finish
10:30 – Prize giving (details further below)
Please arrive in good time for the 9.00am start. We advise arriving between 8.00am and 8.30am.
The race starts at Newbold Terrace East and heads in an anti-clockwise direction around Newbold Comyn (where the golf course used to be), before heading back into Royal Leamington Spa town centre, taking in Victoria Park and Jephson Gardens. The finish area is at Mill Gardens, where you will be greeted by large crowds of spectators.
Done this event?
First-hand event reviews from people who have been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.Add a review