Beckley, East SussexBeckley Village Centre, Main Street, Beckley Nr Rye, East Sussex, TN31 6RL
Sun 07th November 2021
£4.00 - £18.00
Please note the following changes for the event and please read the codes of conduct below.
1. The first change you will notice is the start time. Rather than a single start time for all runners, we are operating a pre-booking system with start times available in 3-minute slots. People will be allocated a place on the start line according to their anticipated finish time, with the fastest runner lining up on the front of the start line.
2. Please arrive ready to run. There are no changing facilities and no facilities for left baggage – this is in line with UKA Guidelines.
3. A sterile area will be in force around the start line with strictly no access to anybody other than participants and race officials. Once you enter this area you will not be able to leave until your race begins. NO SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED WITHIN THIS STERILE AREA.
4. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, water, in sealed bottles, will be available at the finish and you will be required to collect it yourself from an unmanned water table – hand sanitiser and gloves will be available for you to use. There will not be a water station on the course. Please dispose of the bottles and other litter in the bins provided.
5. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, no results, race prizes or awards will be available on the day. Results will be uploaded immediately to our website and emailed to participants. Race and age group winners will receive a trophy in the post after the event. Medals will be available to be collected at the event.
6. There will be toilet facilities at the start / finish area and these will be sanitised regularly. Please play your part by washing your hands thoroughly and using hand sanitiser before and after use.
7. Hand sanitiser will be available – please use it regularly.
8. You must maintain social distancing at all times – before, during and after the race. When overtaking another runner please be mindful of the space available.
9. Spectators are not encouraged to attend – but if they must do so, they should not congregate around the race start or finish areas.
10. Once you finish your race please continue to walk through the finish funnel and return direct to your vehicle – do not wait for friends or family.
11. Please read the Participants and Spectators Code of Conduct - Please observe the ‘Rule of 6’ and do not gather in large groups to discuss the race or take team photos.
The Beckley 10K is run along the quiet country lanes around this pretty East Sussex village, just outside the mediaeval Cinque Port town of Rye. We can't lie - the course is hilly in parts, although the home stretch is straight and largely downhill-ish, so a fast finish is guaranteed. Despite its challenging nature, the race has always proved popular and it is a race which is suitable for both experienced athletes and those runners new to the distance. Also 2 mile fun run/walk and 1 mile Children’s Dash.
So, come and join us and enjoy some fine Sussex hospitality!
Minimum Age: 15 Yrs on 07/11/2021
Minimum Age: 15 Yrs on 07/11/2021
All finishers will receive a medal
There will be trophies for the leading runners and age category winners: 1st, 2nd, 3rd Male/Female, First Male/Female Vet Categories 1-7, First Male/Female Team (of 3)
Post race goodies
Beckley Village Centre, Main Street, Beckley, Nr Rye, East Sussex TN31 6RL
How To Get There
Beckley is a small village, near to the town of Rye in East Sussex. It is located on the B2088 minor road five miles northwest of Rye and ten miles from Hastings. There is no train station in the village and a limited bus service. Runners are recommended to drive, cycle or walk to the event.
There will be ample parking available close to the race HQ at Beckley Village Centre; however, participants are asked not to park on the road outside the Village Centre, as this could obstruct the route to runners and other vehicles.
For those that wish to get the train, we recommend travelling to Rye Station (East Sussex), but Beckley will be a 10 - 15 minute taxi ride away.
The accurately measured course passes through the quiet country lanes around the East Sussex village of Beckley. With a couple of challenging hills, the course is undulating, but the final stretch is relatively flat, offering the chance for a fast finish. The start and finish are close to the Village Centre, which is at the heart of Beckley.
Whilst the route is on quiet roads, we cannot guarantee that the race will be entirely traffic-free.
Toilets and changing facilities
St John Ambulance will be in attendance on the day.
The course will be marshalled to provide assistance.
There will also be a sweep marshal following the race to ensure that nobody is left behind and that all runners are accounted for.
Your individual time and position will be recorded by your electronic chip. We will endeavour to display results as they come into the race centre.
Prize giving and presentations in the Village Centre approx 60 minutes after first runner home.
Results will be uploaded to www.nice-work.org.uk as soon as possible after the race. All entrants that have supplied a valid and legible email address will receive a copy of the results as soon as possible after the race.
Done this event?
First-hand event reviews from people who have been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.Add a review
See who else is doing this event