Great Birmingham Run
Broad Street, BirminghamBroad Street, Birmingham B1 2HP, UK
Sun 7th May 2023
In the scenario of a 2021 event date change or cancellation by us and for whatever reason, all entrants (including 2020 rollovers) will be automatically deferred into the subsequent staging of the event.
WHAT WILL IT BE LIKE ON THE DAY?
ARRIVAL ON SITE Plan your journey in advance, but please do not arrive more than 30 minutes before your scheduled start time Make sure you have the NHS Track and Trace app on your phone and check into the event using the QR code on your race number once you arrive Bring a face covering to wear before and after the race, bring hand sanitiser.
RUN READY Read, check and read again our pre–event emails and communications for last minute advice and instruction.
RUN SMART Be considerate, taking part this year might not be about your P.B. As a running community we need to be aware and personally responsible when we run, so we can all enjoy the event while staying safe.
RUN SAFE Maintain social distancing, look out for and adhere to all signage on course, at the start and finish Please use the multiple hand sanitiser stations around the site and when you see them Please use private transport where possible.
CAN I BRING MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY? There is likely to be restrictions around spectators at the event, please check your pre-race emails and our websites for details closer to the time.
Starting in the heart of the city, runners soak up the atmosphere and music all the way to the finish, passing our famous entertainment zones every kilometre. The route starts in the historic heart of Birmingham, follows the ever-changing landscape and passes world-famous heritage sites.
Whether you do it for a challenge, to fundraise for charity, or simply for fun, it’s not to be missed! Places are limited, so get in quick to secure your place on the start line.
BEFORE THE EVENT
We’re here to help you be your greatest, so before the big day you’ll get…
- Your personal run pack sent to you in the post, with your run number and timing chip
- Access to training plans to keep you on track
- Exclusive offers and competitions from our partners and sponsors
- Support and advice all the way up to event day
- Regular emails keeping you motivated and moving
- A huge supportive and inclusive social community on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to help you on your running journey
ON EVENT DAY
Other than all the good vibes, fitness and mental health benefits you’ll also get…
- Access to the free Great Run app to allow your loved ones to track your progress along the route as well as access to all event information
- Access to the Great Run information point for any last minute queries (or safety pins)
- Closed roads offering a safe running environment
- Food and drink options to refuel
- A shiny new medal, an exclusive finishers t-shirt plus a finisher’s bag filled with goodies
- Plenty of medical support all around our routes should you ever need any assistance
- A huge round of applause as you cross the finish
AFTER THE EVENT
Obviously you’ll have bragging rights for the foreseeable, but you’ll also get…
- Official event day photos available to view and purchase a couple of days after the event, so smile for the cameras!
- Your official result ready shortly after you cross the finish line
- Runners Rewards – access to special offers for participants, from our partners and sponsors as a well done.
How To Get There
Ensure you plan your journey to the start line in advance as there will be a number of road closures in place and your usual routes into the city may not be available.
Birmingham City centre is well-serviced by buses/coaches. Due to the road closures for the event some local bus services will be diverted, visit nxbus.co.uk then click on ‘temporary diversions’ to view the most up-to-date information.
Birmingham City centre has a number of train stations that are within walking distance of the start/finish areas.
If you do need to use your car do not rely on sat navs as these could take you along routes that are closed for the event; click here for the maps of the road closures in place for the event and plan your route accordingly.
See who else is doing this event
Be the first
No-one has marked this event as 'Doing' or 'Maybe' yet. Will you be the first?