The Bewl 15 Mile
The 21st running of this popular 15 mile event, which has consistently been voted one of the UK's best races.
A multi terrain race around Bewl Water and through the lanes surrounding the reservoir, the course is challenging but immensely satisfying. In addition to a bespoke medal, commemorative t shirt, goody bag and home made cakes at the finish, you'll be supported by the local brass band.
15 miles£29.70 BOOK
Please note the following changes for the event and please read the codes of conduct below.
1. The first change you will notice is the start time. Rather than a single start time for all runners, we are operating a pre-booking system with start times available in 3-minute slots. People will be allocated a place on the start line according to their anticipated finish time, with the fastest runner lining up on the front of the start line.
2. Please arrive ready to run. There are no changing facilities and no facilities for left baggage – this is in line with UKA Guidelines.
3. A sterile area will be in force around the start line with strictly no access to anybody other than participants and race officials. Once you enter this area you will not be able to leave until your race begins. NO SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED WITHIN THIS STERILE AREA.
4. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, water, in sealed bottles, will be available at the finish and you will be required to collect it yourself from an unmanned water table – hand sanitiser and gloves will be available for you to use. There will not be a water station on the course. Please dispose of the bottles and other litter in the bins provided.
5. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, no results, race prizes or awards will be available on the day. Results will be uploaded immediately to our website and emailed to participants. Race and age group winners will receive a trophy in the post after the event. Medals will be available to be collected at the event.
6. There will be toilet facilities at the start / finish area and these will be sanitised regularly. Please play your part by washing your hands thoroughly and using hand sanitiser before and after use.
7. Hand sanitiser will be available – please use it regularly.
8. You must maintain social distancing at all times – before, during and after the race. When overtaking another runner please be mindful of the space available.
9. Spectators are not encouraged to attend – but if they must do so, they should not congregate around the race start or finish areas.
10. Once you finish your race please continue to walk through the finish funnel and return direct to your vehicle – do not wait for friends or family.
11. Please read the Participants and Spectators Code of Conduct - Please observe the ‘Rule of 6’ and do not gather in large groups to discuss the race or take team photos.
Commemorative t shirt
Goody bag and home made cakes at the finish
On Site Parking
Minibus service from Wadhurst Station
St John Ambulance or an alternative medical provider will be in attendance on the day
The course will be marshalled
There will be a sweep marshal following the race to ensure that nobody is left behind and that all runners are accounted for.
Uplands Community College, Wadhurst, East Sussex, TN5 6AZ
The race headquarters is located within the sports hall at Uplands Community College.
There will be free parking available at the race HQ on a first come first served basis. Once this car park is full an over flow car park will be available adjacent to the Greyhound Pub. Please take note of any parking charges or restrictions that may be in force.
There will be a free courtesy minibus running collections from Wadhurst Stations for all trains arriving before 09:30
The Start/Finish of the race is located a short walk from the Race HQ in Blacksmiths Lane. The race then takes you on a downhill section to Bewl Water and after covering a circuit you make your way back up the undulating lanes of Wadhurst back to the finish.
Your individual time and position will be recorded by your electronic chip. We will endeavour to display results as they come into the race centre. Results will be uploaded to www.nice-work.org.uk as soon as possible after the race. All entrants that have supplied a valid and legible email address will receive a copy of the results as soon as possible after the race.
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.